Analyst Jeff Heynen is a widely recognized author, speaker, and consultant with expertise in telco, cable, and satellite pay TV networks and services, multiscreen video, and broadband access technologies and services.
Jeff leads Infonetics Research’s broadband access and pay TV coverage, authoring numerous market share and forecast reports, surveys, and opinion pieces on video on demand, IP/satellite/cable set-top boxes, video encoders and transcoders, edge QAMs, CMTS and CCAP, DSL infrastructure and broadband CPE, including fixed wireless CPE, PON, and FTTH.
An influential thought leader, Jeff is frequently quoted in leading publications including the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, Bloomberg Businessweek, Investor's Business Daily, FierceIPTV, Light Reading, Multichannel News, Cable360, FierceTelecom, and CED Magazine. He also moderates webinars, chairs conference programs, and speaks at events around the world, including Broadband World Forum, FTTH Conference, IPTV World Forum, TV Connect, and FoE Japan.
As a consultant to startups, service providers, vendors, and the investment community, Jeff helps clients identify new market opportunities, provides due diligence, and advises on positioning, product development, business plans, and M&A activity.
Before joining Infonetics in 2005, Jeff was a Senior Product Marketing Manager with VoIP switch equipment startup sentitO Networks and a Marketing Communications Manager at telecommunications infrastructure manufacturer Tellabs. As a journalist for Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun, Jeff covered the rise of the technology industry in Silicon Valley in the mid-90s, as well as the entertainment industry in Hollywood.
Jeff holds an MA from Georgetown University in German and European Studies, focusing on International Communications and Business Diplomacy, and a BA from Whittier College, where he double-majored in International Relations and English Literature and double-minored in Psychology and Journalism. While in grad school, Jeff co-authored A Force More Powerful, a book on the history of non-violent conflict resolution.
Jeff Heynen authors or co-authors the following services:
Market Size, Market Share, and Forecast Services
- 1G/10G/40G/100G Networking Ports
- Broadband CPE and Subscribers: PON, FTTH, Cable, DSL, and LTE
- Broadcast and Streaming Video Equipment and Pay TV Subscribers
- CMTS, CCAP, and Edge QAM Hardware and Subscribers
- Ethernet over Coax Equipment and Subscribers: Worldwide, Regional and China
- Home Networking Devices
- Multiscreen TV Strategies and Vendor Leadership
- Pay TV Services and Subscribers
- PON, FTTH, and DSL Aggregation Equipment and Subscribers in Brazil
- PON, FTTH, and DSL Aggregation Equipment and Subscribers: Worldwide, Regional, China, and Japan
- Set-Top Boxes and Pay TV Subscribers
- Total Broadband Equipment, CPE, and Subscribers Pivot
- Total Fixed and Mobile Subscribers Pivot
Continuous Research Service
- Analyst Research Notes: Broadband Access
- Analyst Research Notes: Pay TV and Video