With 20 years of experience in the data networking and telecom industry and one of the most accurate forecast track records in the business, Jeff Wilson is a certifiable network security market guru. He has expertise in a wide variety of network security appliance, software, and services markets, including next-gen firewalls, advanced threat prevention, intrusion detection and prevention systems, unified threat management, DDoS mitigation, e mail security, secure web gateway, web application firewalls, mobile infrastructure and device security, SCADA/ICS security, and secure access.
Jeff covers the complex interactions between products, traditional managed services, and SaaS, and authors numerous network security market share and forecast reports, service provider and end-user studies, and Continuous Research Service (CRS) research notes. He is a key driving force behind service development, with emphasis on exploring new and emerging markets.
A major thought-leader in the network security space, Jeff is frequently quoted in trade and business publications, including The Wall Street Journal, Business Week, Forbes, InformationWeek, Investor's Business Daily, InternetWeek, Light Reading, and Network World and writes columns for a variety of publications. He also speaks at industry events, moderates webinars, and is a highly sought consultant to startups, service providers, manufacturers, and the investment community, identifying market opportunities and offering advice on positioning, product development, business plans, and M&A activity. He is active in the financial community, educating VCs and investment bankers about new markets and technologies and performing due diligence for funding.
Jeff graduated from the University of California, Berkeley in 1995 with a Bachelor of Arts in English. He is based in the Silicon Valley.
Jeff Wilson authors or co-authors the following services:
Market Size, Market Share, and Forecast Services
- Cloud and CPE Managed Security Services
- Content Security Gateway Appliances, Software, and SaaS
- DDoS Prevention Appliances
- IoT and Industrial Control System Security
- Mobile Device Security Client Software
- Mobile Infrastructure Security
- Network Security Appliances and Software
- NFV Hardware, Software, and Services
- Total Security Pivot
- Total Telecom and Datacom Network Equipment and Software Pivot
Global Service Provider Surveys
- Cloud and Data Center Security Strategies and Vendor Leadership
- Enterprise Networking and Communication Equipment
- Network and Content Security
- Total Security Pivot
Continuous Research Services