Directing Analyst, Enterprise Networks and Video
firstname.lastname@example.org +1 408.583.3363
A leading expert on enterprise networking and communications technologies, Matthias Machowinski has over 12 years’ experience as an analyst in the telecom and datacom industries, specializing in the data and communications networks deployed by small/medium businesses (SMBs) and enterprises. Of particular interest to Matthias are the evolution of network usage, network technology and architecture adoption rates, network downtime, wired and wireless network convergence in campus environments, spending trends, and emerging networking initiatives.
Matthias joined Infonetics Research in 2001 and leads its enterprise networking and video conferencing coverage, authoring numerous market share and forecast reports, surveys, and opinion pieces on enterprise routers, Ethernet switches, wireless LAN equipment, and telepresence and video conferencing equipment. He is also the lead author of Infonetics’ new Enterprise Networking and Communications Equipment Vendor Leadership Scorecard, the only report of its kind to utilize a data-driven model that incorporates vendor performance and direct feedback from buyers to objectively determine vendors’ position in the marketplace.
An insightful thought leader, Matthias is frequently quoted in the press, including the Wall Street Journal, The Register, Reuters, Telecom Asia, CNBC, Network World, FierceWireless, Light Reading, and eWeek. He also moderates webinars, speaks at industry events, and serves as a consultant to startups, businesses, vendors, and the investment community, helping clients identify new market opportunities, providing due diligence, and advising on positioning, product development, business plans, and M&A activity.
Matthias has a BS in Psychology with a concentration in statistics, research methodology, and data analysis. He is based in Infonetics’ Boston Metro office in Massachusetts.
Matthias Machowinski authors or co-authors the following services:
Market Size, Market Share, and Forecast Services
- 1G/10G/40G/100G Networking Ports
- Enterprise Routers: Worldwide, Regional, China, and Japan
- Enterprise Telepresence and Video Conferencing Equipment
- Ethernet Switches: Worldwide, Regional, China, and Japan
- Global Telecom and Datacom Market Trends and Drivers
- Total Enterprise and Carrier Ethernet Switches Pivot: Worldwide, Regional, China, and Japan
- Total Enterprise and Service Provider Routers Pivot: Worldwide, Regional, China, and Japan
- Wireless LAN Equipment and WiFi Phones
Continuous Research Service
- Analyst Research Notes: Enterprise Networks