Richard Webb is a highly sought-after analyst who has been covering telecom markets for over 15 years. As a research director with IHS, he authors numerous market share and forecast reports, surveys, and opinion pieces on microwave, millimeter wave, mobile backhaul, small cells, and carrier WiFi.
An influential thought leader, Richard is regularly quoted in leading publications including Fierce Wireless, RCR Wireless, Network Digest, Lightwave Online, and Mobility Techzone. He is also a frequent speaker at events including CTIA Wireless, Mobile World Congress, Small Cells Global Congress, Packet Microwave Forum, and Carrier WiFi World Congress. As a consultant to carriers, vendors, and the investment community, Richard identifies new market opportunities and advises on positioning, product development, business plans, and M&A activity.
Prior to joining Infonetics (now IHS) in 2001, Richard worked with PBI Media, where he developed the program content for a series of telecom conferences in Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. Previously, he was a telecom conference director with events producer Terrapinn in London.
An avid film, creative writing, and music buff, Richard graduated with honors from the University of Gloucestershire in 1993 with a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature. He is based in London.
Richard Webb authors or co-authors the following services:
Market Size, Market Share, and Forecast Services
- Carrier WiFi Equipment
- Coverage and Capacity: Macrocells, Small Cells, DAS, and Carrier WiFi
- Ethernet Access Devices (EADs)
- Macrocell Mobile Backhaul Equipment
- Microwave Equipment
- Mobile Broadband Connectivity Devices
- Mobile Fronthaul and CPRI Optics
- Mobile M2M Modules
- Residential Femtocell Equipment
- Small Cell Equipment
- Small Cell Mobile Backhaul Equipment
- Smartphones and Tablets
- Total Fixed and Mobile Subscribers Pivot
Global Service Provider Surveys
- Carrier WiFi Strategies and Vendor Leadership
- Macrocell Backhaul Strategies and Vendor Leadership
- Microwave Strategies and Vendor Leadership
- Small Cell Backhaul Strategies
- Carrier WiFi
- Microwave Equipment
Continuous Research Services
- Mobile Backhaul and Microwave
- Small Cells and Carrier WiFi