Richard Webb is a highly sought-after analyst who has been covering telecom markets for over 15 years. As a directing analyst with Infonetics Research, he authors numerous market share and forecast reports, surveys, and opinion pieces on microwave, millimeter wave, mobile backhaul, small cells, femtocells, carrier WiFi, and mobile broadband devices, including smartphones and tablets.
An influential thought leader, Richard is regularly quoted in leading publications including CIO, Fierce Wireless, RCR Wireless News, Unstrung, Network World, Mobile Europe, Telecom Engine, CED Magazine, Converge! Network Digest, and FierceMobileContent. He is also a frequent speaker at events including CTIA Wireless, Mobile World Congress, Small Cells Global Congress, Packet Microwave Forum, and Mobile Broadband Summit. As a consultant to carriers, vendors, and the investment community, Richard identifies new market opportunities and advises on positioning, product development, business plans, and M&A activity.
Prior to joining Infonetics in 2001, Richard worked with PBI Media, where he developed the program content for a series of telecom conferences in Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. Previously, he was a conference director with events producer Terrapinn in London.
An avid film and music buff with a passion for cooking and creative writing, Richard graduated with honors from the University of Gloucestershire in 1993 with a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature. He is based in London.
Richard Webb authors or co-authors the following services:
Market Size, Market Share, and Forecast Services
- 2G, 3G, 4G Mobile Infrastructure and Subscribers
- 3G and 4G Mobile Broadband Devices and Subscribers
- Carrier WiFi Equipment
- Femtocell Equipment
- Macrocell Mobile Backhaul Equipment and Services
- Microwave Equipment
- Millimeter Wave Equipment
- Small Cell Equipment
- Small Cell Mobile Backhaul Equipment
- Total Fixed and Mobile Subscribers Pivot
Global Service Provider Surveys
- Carrier WiFi Offload and Hotspot Strategies and Vendor Leadership
- Microwave Strategies and Vendor Leadership
- Residential Femtocell Service Strategies and Vendor Leadership
Continuous Research Service
- Analyst Research Notes: Mobile and Wireless
- Analyst Research Notes: Mobile Backhaul and Microwave
- Analyst Research Notes: Small Cells and Carrier WiFi