Mobile Infrastructure and Carrier Economics
firstname.lastname@example.org +1 408.583.3371
With 24 years of experience in the telecommunications industry, Stéphane is regarded as one of the top analysts in his field, having been the trusted advisor at some of the world's largest telecom providers and manufacturers.
Stéphane joined Infonetics Research in January 2006, after 8 years with analyst firm RHK, where he developed their European optical coverage and helped carriers migrate from PSTN to next-gen networks. Prior to RHK, Stéphane was an engineer and project manager with Alcatel, where he deployed the CATV optical networks that allowed the 1992 Olympics and the grand opening of Euro Disney to be televised using fiber optics for the first time.
Stéphane now specializes in mobile infrastructure and voice over LTE and circuit-to-packet migration products, services, and adoption trends of service providers. He also tracks overall telecom economics and forecasts service provider capex, opex, and revenue, as well as outsourcing and managed services. As a consultant to startups, service providers, vendors, and the investment community, Stéphane helps clients identify new market opportunities, provides due diligence, and advises on positioning, product development, business plans, and M&A activity.
A highly sought thinker and speaker, Stéphane is quoted in prestigious publications such as The Economist, Le Monde, Barron's, and The Wall Street Journal, and presents at events worldwide, including GSMA Mobile Asia Congress; LTE World Summit; Self Organizing (SON) Conference; 3G, HSPA+ and LTE Optimisation; and the Tower Technology Summit at CTIA Wireless.
Stéphane was a McGowan Scholar at the McLaren School of Business, University of San Francisco, where he received his MBA, and has an Engineering Diploma in Telecommunications from Télécom SudParis (formally the Institut National des Télécommunications), France.
Stéphane Téral authors or co-authors the following services:
Market Size, Market Share, and Forecast Services
- 2G, 3G, LTE Mobile Infrastructure and Subscribers
- 2G, 3G, LTE Mobile Infrastructure and Subscribers in Brazil
- 2G, 3G, LTE Mobile Infrastructure and Subscribers in Japan and China
- 2G, 3G, LTE Mobile Services and Subscribers
- DAS Equipment
- Global Telecom and Datacom Market Trends and Drivers
- Service Provider Capex, Revenue, and Capex by Equipment Type
- Service Provider Outsourcing to Vendors
- Small Cell Equipment
- SON and Optimization Software
- The Future of Coverage and Capacity: Macro RAN, Small Cells, RRH, DAS, and Carrier WiFi
- Total Fixed and Mobile Subscribers Pivot
- VoLTE and OTT Mobile VoIP Services and Subscribers
Global Service Provider Surveys
- DAS and RRH Strategies and Vendor Leadership
- IP RAN and 3GPP Strategies and Vendor Leadership
- LTE Strategies and Vendor Leadership
- Small Cell Strategies
- SON and Optimization Strategies
- Small Cell Strategies
- Telecommunications Equipment Vendor Scorecard
Continuous Research Services
- Analyst Research Notes: Mobile and Wireless
- Analyst Research Notes: Small Cells and Carrier WiFi