INDUSTRY ANALYST, TRANSPORT NETWORKS
As Industry Analyst, you will lead, shape, and expand our Transport Network (router and optical technologies) coverage and act as chief spokesperson and client interface for all related services.
Working with a skilled research team, the Transport Network Industry Analyst will:
- Define, drive, and evolve the coverage area and services
- Produce high-quality and accurate market size, share, and forecast reports with rock-solid methodology for technologies and equipment, providing short-term and long-term market analysis, fundamental drivers, top player and segment analysis, and product developments
- Write research notes, providing regular written opinion for clients on hot topics in this space, including technology shifts, regional and vertical activity, key product announcements, M&As, and more
- Develop and analyze survey research on important markets and technologies in Transport Networks, providing in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis on trends, drivers, barriers, preferences, and strategies
- Host sponsored webinars as part of our events program, designing and delivering highly engaging, high-quality educational experiences to participants
- Forge and maintain relationships with all players in the ecosystem, including equipment manufacturers, chip and component manufacturers, test and measurement providers, service providers, end-users, and investment analysts
- Consult for key industry players, including startups, well-established industry leaders, and investors
- Develop new research services to address an ever-changing and evolving market
- Develop consult projects to provide our customers with strategic advice, market data and analysis, custom speaking events, and more
- Speak at conferences and present key data findings to customers
- Forge and maintain relationships with the trade and business press, providing useful data and opinion in publications, raising awareness of our services and brand
- Participate in social media, such as Twitter and LinkedIn, to engage with customers, journalists, and industry players, and to promote your knowledge
The Transport Networks coverage includes:
- Optical network hardware (WDM, SONET/SDH)
- OTN transport and switching hardware, Packet-optical transport systems (P-OTS)
- 100G+ coherent optical equipment
- Routers and switches (IP edge routers, IP core routers, Carrier Ethernet Switches, vRouters)
- Transport SDN
- Ecosystem (buyers, users, vendors, channel, chip and component players, test and measurement, investment, conferences)
This full-time, permanent position requires at least 10 years of industry experience, a BA/BS, and:
- Expertise in Transport Network technologies, hardware, vendors, service providers, market drivers, and trends
- Industry analyst, product management, or corporate strategy experience
- Strong relationships with equipment manufacturers, service providers, chip and component manufacturers, investment community, and other ecosystem players
- Solid analytic, logic, and quantitative skills
- Experience in segmenting, sizing, and forecasting technology markets
- Polished and engaging written and oral communication skills, including public speaking
- Key relationships with industry associations, press, and conference developers
- Microsoft Excel expertise
- Understanding of questionnaire design and survey research methodology
- Affinity for working on a dynamic team
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.
MARKET RESEARCH MANAGER
Reports to Director of Services
As Research Manager, you will manage market forecast services; duties include creating project plans and schedules, monitoring status, overseeing team members’ work, documenting processes and methodology and ensuring they are followed, troubleshooting, and maintaining integrity of data. You will work as part of a team and report to Director of Services.
Other duties include conducting research on equipment manufacturers, service providers, and end-users of various data networking and telecommunications technologies, and hands-on work in Excel and Word files.
This position carries increasing responsibility for development of research processes, services, and methodology.
This full-time, permanent position requires a BA/BS (preferably in market research, economics, sociology, or statistics) and:
- 4+ years of experience as a market research project manager with proven expertise in detailed schedule management
- Organization, flexibility, and ability to juggle multiple projects on tight deadlines
- Enthusiasm for detail, accuracy, and consistency
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (e.g., PivotTable, macros, functions)
- Proficiency in Excel 2003 a must; knowledge of Excel 2007 and Excel 2010 a plus
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Market analysis and forecasting methodology expertise
- Expert analytic, logic, and quantitative skills
- Polished, clear written and oral communication; must have strong English language skills
- Experience in survey research (questionnaire design, SPSS or SAS) is a plus
- Understanding of communications technologies, vendors, service providers, products, services, and market trends is a plus
Competitive salary; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K and flex spending plan; 12 company holidays and 20 days of PTO.
Offices in Campbell, CA, Stoneham, MA, and Letchworth Garden City, England; telecommuting arrangement possible (US, UK, NL).
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
MARKET RESEARCH ANALYST
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of information and insight in pivotal areas that shape today’s business landscape: energy, economics, geopolitical risk, sustainability and supply chain management. Businesses and governments around the globe rely on our comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS was founded in 1959 and is headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA. Trusted by clients for more than 50 years, IHS employs more than 8000 people in 31 countries. We serve 80 percent of the Global Fortune 500 as well as businesses and governments in 165 countries.
Infonetics Research, now part of IHS, was founded in 1990 and is an international market research and consulting firm helping clients plan, strategize, and compete in the global communications market.
SUMMARY: IHS is seeking a Market Research Analyst to assist industry analysts and research managers in covering technology and market trends through primary and secondary research. This role will include performing project management on small to medium projects and working as part of a team reporting to the Senior Researcher.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Manage and manipulate large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data to support the development of market research reports and surveys.
- Create and update Excel workbooks using pivot tables, charts, formulas, and conditional formatting; prepare these workbooks for delivery to clients.
- Provide project management support for research projects.
- Enter data into Excel workbooks and written reports, review data for accuracy, and write short summaries of major service provider and vendor announcements.
- Research quarterly subscriber data, financials, and merger and acquisition activity of telecom service providers.
- Set up data reports in Excel for service provider and enterprise surveys.
- Utilize and maintain databases to retrieve and analyze data for accuracy and validity.
- Create graphs and charts to present data to our report users in a clear, appealing, standardized way.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Analytical skills: Synthesize complex and diverse information. Collect and research data. Use intuition and experience to complement data. Identify data relationships and dependencies.
- Communication: Exhibit good listening and comprehension. Express ideas and thoughts in written form. Express ideas and thoughts verbally. Keep others adequately informed. Select and use appropriate communication methods.
- Planning and organizing: Prioritize and plan work activities. Use time efficiently. Plan for additional resources. Integrate changes smoothly. Set goals and objectives. Work in an organized manner.
- Problem solving: Identify problems in a timely manner. Gather and analyze information skillfully. Develop alternative solutions. Resolve problems in early stages. Work well in group problem-solving situations.
- Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness. Display commitment to excellence. Look for ways to improve and promote quality. Apply feedback to improve performance. Monitor own work and review colleagues’ work to ensure quality.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in market research, economics, sociology, or statistics preferred
- Two to four years’ related experience
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office 2010 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience in survey research (questionnaire design, survey programming, creating target contact lists, survey data analysis, Qualtrics, ZoomInfo)
- Creativity, flexibility, innovativeness, and team player attitude
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance
Location: Campbell, CA
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume: email@example.com
*Only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow up*
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disability/Vets. Click here to view "EEO is the Law" poster.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing.
"We are forecasting global SaaS revenue to more than double from 2013 to 2018, from just over $600 million to nearly $1.4 billion in 2018."
Jeff Wilson, Principal Analyst,