Infonetics Research’s time-tested methodology is the key to the quality and accuracy of our research. We verify our supply-side research, which is based on briefings and interviews with product manufacturers and their customers, with our demand-side research, which is based on interviews with end-users and service providers. These checks and balances combined with working with all players in the industry give us a thorough, accurate picture of the entire market.
Our demand-side survey research services are founded on proven questionnaire design, interviewing techniques, statistical analysis, and writing processes that provide the analytical depth and strategic perspectives that customers rely on to be successful.
Our supply-side market share, size, and forecast services are based on the most thorough validation processes in the industry, resulting in accurate, reliable forecasts and market data that customers depend on to make critical business and marketing decisions.
Our View of the Market
Our constant interactions with all sides of the market—end-users, service providers, product manufacturers, chip and component manufacturers, the investment community, and sales channels—give us a complete picture of the telecom and data networking market, the foundation for our accurate, reliable research.
We conduct thousands of in-depth interviews every year with purchase decision-makers such as Network Managers, IT Directors, Systems Management and Engineering Managers, and General Managers at small, medium, and large organizations about:
- Buying trends and the purchase process
- Drivers and barriers
- Technology preferences
- Expenditures and investment plans
- Manufacturer and service provider preferences
We conduct hundreds of briefings and in-depth phone interviews every year with purchase decision-makers such as CTOs, Chief Network Architects, Engineering VPs, Product Managers, and Marketing Executives about:
- Network deployment plans, architecture, and service offerings
- Positioning and strategic direction
- Capital expenditures and investment plans
- Manufacturer and technology preferences
We conduct hundreds of briefings with manufacturers every quarter to:
- Understand product offerings and roadmaps, company positioning, and future strategy
- Count and verify shipment and revenue numbers
Chip and Component Manufacturers
- Market size
- Shipment volume and trends
- New products that will affect pricing and integration
We work closely with VCs, investment bankers, and financial analysts on a regular basis to:
- Assess business cases of private companies
- Discuss the market outlook for public companies
- Discuss investment trends in networking technology
We interview key companies in the sales channel (VARs, major resellers, service providers) to:
- Validate manufacturer-reported shipments
- Investigate trends