Campbell, CALIFORNIA, November 17, 2010—Market research firm Infonetics Research (http://twitter.com/infonetics) released its updated NAC Enforcement Appliances report, which tracks and forecasts the network access control appliance market.
“The NAC enforcement appliance market is in transition, moving from the promise of a great standalone opportunity to the reality of 2010: NAC enforcement appliances are a niche opportunity with a relatively low revenue ceiling. This transition isn’t about a decrease in interest in NAC: the drivers for deploying NAC solutions are still very much here. It’s just that many companies are turning to built-in NAC functionality in infrastructure (especially switches) or to software and management tools. The NAC appliance market peaked in 2008 just north of $250 million, and after the meltdown of 2009, it will climb back to a modest $400 million or so by 2014,” expects Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research.
NAC MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Worldwide NAC enforcement appliance revenue has increased sequentially for the past 4 quarters
- Infonetics predicts NAC appliance revenue will increase 24% in 2010 over 2009, and another 84% between 2010 and 2014, when it will near $400 million worldwide
- NAC appliance spending is expected to reach its previous 2008 peak levels by 2011
- The long-term drivers for deploying NAC technology (regulation and compliance, growth in number of threats, and the smartphone explosion) in large part are divorced from macroeconomic drivers
- The remaining standalone NAC vendors are expected to either expand into new technology markets or get acquired by a larger security company
Infonetics’ biannual NAC Enforcement Appliances report provides worldwide and regional market size, analysis, and forecasts through 2014 for revenue, unit shipments, and revenue per unit for NAC enforcement appliances priced above and below $30,000.
The report includes market drivers and technology roadmaps, and tracks Bradford, Cisco, Enterasys, Extreme, ForeScout, Fortinet, HP, Juniper, McAfee, Nevis, Still Secure, TippingPoint, and Trend Micro.
Regions tracked include North America, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa), Asia Pacific, and CALA (Central and Latin America).
UPCOMING SECURITY MARKET RESEARCH
See SECURITY on Infonetics’ portal (http://www.infonetics.com/login) for more:
RELATED RESEARCH HIGHLIGHTS
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #