BOSTON, Massachusetts, June 14, 2010—Market research firm Infonetics Research (http://twitter.com/infonetics) released its first quarter of 2010 (1Q10) Data Center Network Equipment market share and forecast report.
“We saw a 30% sequential jump in purpose-built switch sales in the first quarter of 2010, with Cisco a driving market force with their Nexus switch line. Healthy annual growth is expected to continue in this segment because these switches better address the requirements of the next generation data center, including LAN/SAN convergence, reliability, and high performance,” predicts Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise voice and data.
DATA CENTER NETWORK EQUIPMENT MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The data center Ethernet switch market, including general purpose, purpose-built, and blade switches, increased 16% to $1.16 billion in 1Q10, on the heels of a very strong fourth quarter
- Strong quarterly growth in the data center switch segment was due primarily to Cisco, which increased its data center Ethernet switch revenue 23.5% in 1Q10 over 4Q09
- The application delivery controller (ADC) market is back on a growth track, after a tumultuous 2009, with worldwide sales up 28% compared to the first quarter of 2009
- F5 continues to build its lead in the ADC market, and now has an almost 20-point lead over Cisco, a far cry from the neck and neck market share races of 2007 and 2008
- Of the top WAN optimization vendors, Blue Coat was the only with positive revenue results (up 7%)
Infonetics’ quarterly Data Center Network Equipment report provides worldwide and regional market size, market share, forecasts through 2014, and in-depth analysis for data center Ethernet switches (general purpose, purpose-built, and blade switches), application delivery controllers (ADCs), and WAN optimization appliances.
Companies tracked in the report include 3Com/H3C, ADTRAN, Alcatel-Lucent, Allot, Arista, Blade, Blue Coat, Brocade, Cisco, Citrix Netscaler, D-Link, Enterasys, Expand, Extreme, F5, Force10, HP, Huawei, Ipanema, Juniper, NETGEAR, Nortel, Packeteer, Radware, Riverbed, Silver Peak, SMC, and others.
See DATA CENTER AND STORAGE NETWORKING on Infonetics’ portal (http://www.infonetics.com/login), or follow the links below for report highlights or more info:
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #