Campbell, CALIFORNIA, June 15, 2010—Market research firm Infonetics Research (http://twitter.com/infonetics) released the first edition of its new 2010 biannual Virtual Security Appliances market size and forecast report, which tracks VPNs and firewalls, SSL VPNs, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), and content security gateways designed for virtualized servers.
“The nascent virtual security appliance market is primed for tremendous growth over the next 5 years. The drivers for this market are strong, and include the increasing volume and variety of security threats, the rapid adoption of server virtualization, new security challenges presented by virtualization, such as inter-virtual machine threats, and the availability of purpose-built solutions for securing virtualized server environments,” explains Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research.
VIRTUAL SECURITY APPLIANCES MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The worldwide virtual security appliance market jumped 64% in 2009 over 2008, to $203.8 million
- Year-over-year, from the first quarter of 2009 and the first quarter of 2010, the virtual security appliance market is up 119%
- Infonetics Research forecasts the virtual security appliance market to grow nearly 8-fold from 2009 to 2014, when it will near $1.6 billion
- The virtual security appliance segment posting the strongest quarterly growth in 1Q10 is content security gateway virtual appliances, up 22%
- North America is currently the largest regional market for virtual security appliances
Infonetics’ biannual Virtual Security Appliances report provides worldwide and regional market size, forecasts through 2014, and analysis for virtual security appliances, including VPNs/firewalls, SSL VPNs, IDS/IPS, and content security gateways specifically designed to be installed on virtualized server platforms (VMware, XenServer, Windows Server with Hyper-V). The service counts licenses, revenue, and revenue per license for all virtual security appliance categories.
Companies tracked in the report include AEP, Altor, Astaro, Blue Coat, Check Point, Citrix, Enterasys, McAfee, SonicWALL, Stonesoft, Symantec, Vyatta, and others.
See SECURITY on Infonetics’ portal (http://www.infonetics.com/login) for more information:
- Total Security Pivot: Market Size, Share, and Forecasts
- IPS Product Vendor Ratings: North American Enterprise Survey
- Content Security Appliances and Software Quarterly Market Size, Share, Forecasts
- Network Security Appliances and Software Quarterly Market Size, Share, Forecasts
- Threat Protection and SaaS: North American Enterprise Survey
- Managed Security Services and SaaS Market Size and Forecasts
- Security Vendor Ratings: Global Service Provider Survey
- Security Client Software Market Size, Share, and Forecasts
- NAC Enforcement Appliances Market Size, Share, and Forecasts
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #