Campbell, CALIFORNIA, August 24, 2010—Market research firm Infonetics Research (http://twitter.com/infonetics) released its second quarter (2Q10) Service Provider VoIP Equipment and Subscribers and IMS Equipment and Subscribers market share and forecast reports.
“The session border controller (SBC) market is on fire, with worldwide revenue up 27% sequentially and up 70% from this quarter last year, a signal that IP-to-IP connectivity continues to overtake IP-to-TDM connectivity. SBCs and media servers will be the main growth engines of the carrier VoIP equipment market for 2010,” predicts Diane Myers, directing analyst for service provider VoIP and IMS at Infonetics Research.
Myers adds: “The IMS market also is experiencing strong and healthy growth, driven by the continued adoption of fixed-line VoIP services and key operators in Asia Pacific and EMEA that are beginning their fixed-line network transformation utilizing IMS.”
SERVICE PROVIDER VOIP MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The total service provider VoIP equipment market, including trunk media gateways, SBCs, media servers, softswitches, and voice application servers, increased to $564.7 million in 2Q10, up 5.3% from the previous quarter
- Worldwide, revenue for every product category except trunk media gateways grew sequentially in 2Q10
- Still, all segments but SBCs are down year-over-year (from 2Q09 to 2Q10)
IMS MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The worldwide IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) equipment market, including IMS core equipment and application servers, jumped 33.5% in 2Q10 over 1Q10
- In 2Q10, Huawei, Ericsson, and Nokia Siemens Networks recorded solid IMS sales, and Alcatel-Lucent and ZTE posted the largest revenue growth over 1Q10
- The “lumpy” nature of the IMS equipment market--an extremely high quarter followed by a down quarter--is expected to continue for the next 6 to 8 quarters, as large operators place purchase orders in a single quarter and new IMS deals hit sporadically
- Significant drivers for the IMS market over the long-term include Long Term Evolution (LTE) deployments and the push for enhanced mobile services, including mobile instant messaging (IM), video sharing, and Rich Communications Suite (RCS)
ABOUT THE REPORTS
Infonetics’ quarterly service provider VoIP report provides worldwide and regional market share, market size, forecasts through 2014, and analysis for VoIP subscribers and media processing and call control carrier VoIP equipment, including high-, mid-, and low-density trunk media gateways, line access media gateways, session border controllers (SBCs), media servers, Class 4 and Class 5 softswitches, and voice application servers (IP Centrex/hosted IP PBX, IP trunking, and residential). Vendors tracked include Acme Packet, Alcatel-Lucent, AudioCodes, Avaya , BroadSoft, Dialogic, Cisco, Comverse (NetCentrex), Ericsson, GENBAND, Huawei, Iperia, Italtel, MERA, MetaSwitch, Movius, NextPoint, Nokia Siemens, Nortel, Personeta, RadiSys Convedia, Sonus, Technicolor (Thomson), Tekelec, UTStarcom, Veraz, Verso, Xener, ZTE, and others.
Infonetics’ quarterly IMS report provides worldwide and regional market size, select market share, forecasts through 2014, and analysis of mobile and fixed-line IMS subscribers and equipment. Equipment tracked includes IMS voice and IM/presence application servers and IMS core equipment, including home subscriber servers (HSS), call session control function (CSCF) servers, media resource function (MRF), and breakout gateway control function (BGCF). The report includes an IMS Deployment Tracker of IMS carrier deployments by region, country, service provider, and vendor. Vendors tracked include Alcatel-Lucent, Broadsoft, Ericsson, Huawei, Mavenir, Nokia Siemens Networks, and others.
UPCOMING VOIP AND IMS RESEARCH
See SERVICE PROVIDER VOIP AND IMS on Infonetics’ portal (http://www.infonetics.com/login) for additional information:
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #