BOSTON, Massachusetts, April 26, 2010—Market research firm Infonetics Research (http://twitter.com/infonetics) released the 2010 edition of its Optical Network Hardware in Asia Pacific report.
"Chinese service providers purchase nearly half of all optical equipment in Asia, and Huawei ships nearly half of all equipment sold in the region. Unlike some of their other businesses, Huawei's optical business is heavily leveraged in their domestic market," notes Andrew Schmitt, Infonetics Research’s directing analyst for optical.
ASIA PACIFIC OPTICAL NETWORK HARDWARE MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Despite the economic recession, optical network hardware revenue grew 5% in Asia Pacific in 2009, led by China, compared with 24% and 21% declines in EMEA and a North America, respectively
- However, slowing quarterly growth dipped into negative territory in the fourth quarter of 2009
- Two primary factors signal a slowdown in the Asia Pacific optical network hardware market:
- Chinese carriers are reporting that their 2010 spending will be constrained
- The loose lending practices that have prevailed in Asia Pacific in recent years is likely coming to an end
- India will gain share of the optical network hardware market through 2014, while China, Japan and Korea will lose proportionate share
Infonetics’ Optical Network Hardware in Asia Pacific report tracks SDH (synchronous digital hierarchy) and WDM (wave division multiplexing) optical hardware for metro and long haul networks sold by vendors in China, Japan, India, Republic of Korea, the rest of Asia Pacific (including Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Taiwan), plus the total Asia Pacific region. The service provides market share, market size, and forecasts through 2014 by country and region.
Companies tracked in the report include ADVA, Alcatel-Lucent, BTI, Canoga Perkins, Ciena, Cisco, Cyan, ECI, Ekinops, Ericsson, Fujitsu, Huawei, Infinera, MRV, NEC, Nokia Siemens, Nortel, Sorrento, Sycamore, Tejas, Tellabs, Transmode, Turin, Tyco, Xtera, ZTE and others.
RELATED RESEARCH AND MORE INFORMATION
Log on or join: http://www.infonetics.com/login (go to RESEARCH, then OPTICAL):
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #