Campbell, CALIFORNIA, January 25, 2010—Market research firm Infonetics Research (http://twitter.com/infonetics) today released Service Provider Deep Packet Inspection Products Market Outlook, a market share and forecast report that tracks standalone DPI solutions and vendors.
“Despite the recent controversy over deep packet inspection technology, operators have increasingly come to recognize that DPI is simply a tool that can bring a number of benefits to their operational environment, including advanced network security, value-added services, regulatory compliance, and targeted advertising. As a result, we anticipate the market for standalone DPI products to grow rapidly, reaching $1.5 billion worldwide by 2013, with the strongest long-term growth coming from Asia,” notes Shira Levine, directing analyst for next gen OSS and policy at Infonetics Research.
DPI MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Sandvine is the worldwide market leader for standalone DPI product revenue, followed by Cisco and Allot
- The DPI market is primed for merger and acquisition activity, including the acquisition of the smaller standalone DPI vendors by large equipment providers looking to round out their DPI portfolios
- Many service providers likely will implement a combination of standalone and integrated DPI solutions in their networks environments, with standalone DPI products at the core of their networks and integrated DPI capabilities further out toward the access points
- DPI vendors are increasingly partnering with policy control suppliers to allow operators to better address privacy concerns and make traffic management decisions based on policies associated with specific subscribers and services
Infonetics’ Service Provider Deep Packet Inspection Products Market Outlook report provides market size, vendor market share, forecasts, and in-depth analysis for standalone deep packet inspection products. Vendors tracked include Allot, Arbor, Bivio, Cisco, CloudShield, Procera, Narus, NIKSUN, Sandvine, and Qosmos. Regions tracked include North America, EMEA (Europe, the Middle East, Africa), Asia Pacific, and CALA (Central and Latin America), plus worldwide totals and market share.
The report includes customizable pivot tables and customer wins and service provider/vendor announcements made by Spain’s R and Yoigo, Korea Telecom Freetel, Utimaco, Sandvine, Optenet, Allot, Camiant, HP, Procera, CloudShield, Bivio Networks, Qosmos.
Infonetics’ DPI report comes with a separate Fundamental Telecom/Datacom Market Drivers report with analysis of overall market conditions for service providers, enterprises, subscribers, and the global economy, due out in May.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Log on or join: http://www.infonetics.com/login
From the portal, go to RESEARCH, then NEXT GEN OSS AND POLICY.
CLIENT CONFERENCE CALL
- An interactive conference call with highlights from Infonetics’ DPI report will be led by analyst Shira Levine Thursday, January 28; clients log in to participate
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #