BOSTON, Massachusetts, November 5, 2010—Market research firm Infonetics Research (http://twitter.com/infonetics) today released excerpts from Unified Communication Product Features and Vendor Leadership: North American Enterprise Survey, part of its Continuous Research Service (CRS) series of analyst notes and surveys on the enterprise VoIP and unified communications market.
“In our most recent survey of companies that use multi-modal communications, a stunning 96% plan to eventually integrate the various modes into a single unified user experience. Despite the confusion sowed by vendors who have abused the term ‘unified communications,’ unifying disparate modes of communication has strong appeal because it ultimately simplifies the lives of users and increases their productivity,” notes Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise voice and data at Infonetics Research.
UNIFIED COMMUNICATION SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- Among North American medium and large enterprises interviewed by Infonetics:
- Cisco is the leading IP telephony provider
- Microsoft is the leading e-mail and IM provider, with Google a strong challenger
- The top reasons for deploying UC are improving employee productivity, reducing operational costs, and executive demand
- The fastest rising stars in the UC market are video, short messaging, and social networking, a testament to the changing nature of communication
- UC is most commonly delivered over a desktop computer today, but that is changing in favor of smaller and more portable devices, such as laptops, tablets and smartphones
ABOUT THE SURVEY
For its UC Product Features and Vendor Leadership survey, published in October 2010, Infonetics Research interviewed purchase decision-makers at 106 US and Canadian companies with at least 100 employees that use multiple types of communication, including IP telephony/VoIP, e-mail, and instant messaging (IM). The medium and large enterprises were asked by Infonetics about their UC technology deployment models, expenditures, service provider selection criteria, reasons for and against UC deployments, vendors and service providers used, and which vendors they consider to be leaders in the UC market.
RECENT ENTERPRISE VOICE AND UC CRS ANALYST NOTES AND MARKET SHARE REPORTS
See ENTERPRISE VOICE, VIDEO, AND UNIFIED COMMUNICATION on Infonetics’ portal for details (http://www.infonetics.com/login):
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #