CAMPBELL, California, Oct. 5, 2011—Market research firm Infonetics Research today released excerpts from its latest VoIP and UC Services and Subscribers report, which tracks vendors and service revenue in the residential/SOHO and business VoIP and unified communications market.
"We've increased our short- and long-term forecasts for the voice over IP services market, as adoption in the residential, SOHO, and business segments continues unabated. The residential segment continues to make up the majority of VoIP services revenue, but the real growth is in the business segment, particularly SIP trunking services and hosted VoIP and unified communication services. Following a healthy 2010, the overall VoIP services market is on track to grow another 17% in 2011," notes Diane Myers, directing analyst for VoIP and IMS at Infonetics Research.
VOIP SERVICES MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Infonetics Research forecasts the combined business and residential/SOHO VoIP services market to grow to $76.1 billion in 2015
- Revenue from SIP trunking services to businesses is forecast by Infonetics to grow at a phenomenal 52% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2011 to 2015
- The number of seats for hosted business VoIP and unified communications services is on track to more than double between 2011 and 2015
- Due to continued demand for cloud-based services, IP Centrex and hosted unified communication service revenue grew 22% and seats grew 25% in the first half of 2011 compared to the second half of 2010
- The 3 leaders of the global residential VoIP services market -- NTT, Comcast, and France Télécom -- continue to add new VoIP subscribers in their respective regions
- The number of residential and small office/home office (SOHO) subscribers to hosted VoIP services is expected to grow from 179 million in 2011 to 262 million worldwide by 2015
Infonetics' biannual VoIP and UC Services and Subscribers report features an IP Centrex Provider Tracker and provides worldwide and regional market size, forecasts, and analysis of residential/SOHO (small office, home office) VoIP services, business VoIP and UC services, and VoIP subscribers. Business voice services tracked: managed IP PBX services, hosted VoIP and UC services (IP Centrex by business size, UC applications, UC telephony), and IP connectivity services (VoIP VPN/IP access, SIP trunking, IP integrated access). Regions tracked: North America, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa), Asia Pacific, and Central and Latin America (CALA). Service providers tracked: AT&T, Cablevision, Charter, Comcast, Cox, Embratel NetFone, France Télécom, KDDI, LG Dacom, LibertyGlobal, NTT, ONO, Optus, Rogers, SFR, SK Broadband, SoftBank, Tele2 Netherlands, Telecom Italia, Time Warner Cable, Verizon, Vonage, and many others.
- Larry Howard, VP (West NA, APAC, CALA): firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3335
- Scott Coyne, Sr. Account Dir. (East NA, Texas, Midwest): email@example.com, +1 408-583-3395
- George Stojsavljevic, Sr. Account Dir. (EMEA): firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 755-488-1623
- Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics, Sales (Japan): email@example.com, +81 3-6408-5566
Download report prospectuses, tables of contents, etc. from Infonetics' online portal at http://www.infonetics.com/login (see SERVICE PROVIDER VOIP AND IMS for 2011 and new 2012 services).
UPCOMING VOIP AND IMS RESEARCH
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #