Campbell, CALIFORNIA, November 28, 2011—Market research firm Infonetics Research today released excerpts from its third quarter 2011 (3Q11) Enterprise Unified Communication, VoIP, and TDM Equipment vendor market share report, which tracks PBX phone systems, VoIP gateways, unified communication (UC) applications, and IP phones.
"For the fourth straight quarter, Avaya leads the highly competitive PBX market, with about a quarter of the world’s PBX revenue in 3Q11. Avaya is holding onto its revenue lead with steady shipments and healthy ASPs due to continued increases in IP endpoint sales. Cisco is a close second, posting sequential and year-over-year revenue increases in 3Q11. Cisco’s overall ASPs declined in the quarter due to special promotional packages and pricing that helped spur activity," notes Diane Myers, directing analyst for VoIP and IMS at Infonetics Research.
PBX AND UC MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Global PBX/KTS phone system revenue grew 5.5% sequentially in 3Q11 to $2.15 billion, reversing the sequential declines from the first two quarters of the year
- From the year-ago third quarter (3Q10), the global PBX market is up 6.6%, continuing the slow and steady recovery recorded throughout 2011 on a year-over-year basis
- Unified communications (UC) revenue increased 15.2% sequentially in 3Q11, while VoIP gateways saw a small decline (-1.5%)
- Microsoft is growing its presence in the UC space with 25% year-over-year Lync revenue growth
- EMEA was the standout region for the quarter, reversing a string of losses with 11.0% sequential growth in PBX revenue; however, Infonetics remains cautious about EMEA due to the current economic situation
- PBX revenue in Asia Pacific is up 11% year-over-year (3Q11 vs. 3Q10)
- Businesses continue to migrate to IP-based phone systems, evinced by the revenue split in 3Q11: Hybrid IP PBXs continue to dominate, making up nearly 2/3 of global revenue; pure IP PBXs continue to grow as a proportion of the overall market, making up nearly 1/3 now and growing, and TDM PBXs, despite sporadic growth spurts, continues to decline overall
Infonetics’ quarterly Enterprise Unified Communication, VoIP, and TDM Equipment report provides worldwide and regional market size, market share, analysis, and forecasts for the enterprise telephony market, including TDM PBX and KTS systems, hybrid and pure IP PBX systems, IP PBX by system size, VoIP gateways, unified communication applications (communicator, unified messaging), IP desk phones and IP soft phones. The report tracks Aastra, AudioCodes, Alcatel-Lucent, Avaya, Cisco, Dialogic, D-Link, HP, IBM, Microsoft, Mitel, NEC, NET/Quintum, Samsung, ShoreTel, Siemens, Toshiba, Vertical, and others.
CLIENT CONFERENCE CALL
Clients: Join analyst Diane Myers for her 3Q11 Enterprise UC, VoIP, and TDM market telebriefing on Thursday, Dec. 15, 12:30 p.m. Eastern: http://www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=501.
UPCOMING MARKET RESEARCH
Download prospectuses, tables of contents, highlights, etc. at http://www.infonetics.com/login (see ENTERPRISE VOICE, VIDEO, AND UNIFIED COMMUNICATION for 2011 and new 2012 services).
- Larry Howard, VP (West NA, APAC, CALA): email@example.com, +1 408-583-3335
- Scott Coyne, Sr. Account Dir. (East NA, Texas, Midwest): firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3395
- George Stojsavljevic, Sr. Account Dir. (EMEA): email@example.com, +44 755-488-1623
- Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics, Sales (Japan): firstname.lastname@example.org, +81 3-6408-5566
- Hinton Information Services, Taiwan: www.hintoninfo.com.tw, +886-2-2799-3110 x220
- Doug Moon, MBAP Sales, Korea: email@example.com, +82-2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #