Campbell, CALIFORNIA, November 28, 2011—Market research firm Infonetics Research today released excerpts from its third quarter 2011 (3Q11) IMS Equipment and Subscribers market share report.
"The IMS equipment market is on track to gain over 50% in global revenue in 2011 over 2010 as large service providers like China Telecom, China Unicom, and Deutsche Telekom undergo significant Class 5 replacement projects; AT&T and NTT ramp their Class 5 replacements; cable operators such as Comcast get ready to launch their new networks; and wireless operators (Verizon Wireless, MetroPCS, etc.) launch IMS for LTE. IMS market growth rates to continue to follow an atypical curve as projects ramp and taper and new ones pick up across fixed-line and mobile networks," expects Diane Myers, directing analyst for VoIP and IMS at Infonetics Research.
IMS MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem) equipment market continues on its extremely variable growth path, down 18% sequentially in 3Q11, but up 46% year-over-year (from 3Q10)
- Nokia Siemens Networks pulled ahead in the fast-growing IMS session control function (CSCF) server market in 3Q11, followed by Ericsson and Huawei
- In 3Q11, 66% of global IMS core equipment revenue was from equipment purchased for fixed-line networks, due to ongoing fixed-line projects in Europe and Asia Pacific
- In North America only 55% of IMS core revenue was for fixed-line networks, due to continued strength coming from Verizon Wireless for their LTE deployment
- Home subscriber servers (HSS) continue to benefit from LTE deployments, as they are being implemented as the core device registering element within LTE networks, which is having a positive impact on HSS regardless of voice over LTE (VoLTE) deployments
- In 3Q11, Asia Pacific was again the largest region for IMS sales, with 40% of total IMS equipment revenue, while North America posted the strongest quarter, with revenue up 104% over 2Q11
IMS REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly IMS report provides worldwide and regional market size, market share, forecasts through 2015, and analysis of mobile and fixed-line IMS subscribers and equipment. Equipment tracked: IMS voice and IM/presence application servers and IMS core equipment, including home subscriber servers (HSS), CSCF servers, media resource function (MRF), breakout gateway control function (BGCF), and media gateway control function (MGCF). Includes an IMS deployment tracker by region, country, carrier, and vendor. Vendors tracked: Alcatel-Lucent, BroadSoft, Ericsson, Huawei, Mavenir, NEC, Nokia Siemens, ZTE, others.
CLIENT CONFERENCE CALL
Clients: Join analyst Diane Myers for her 3Q11 IMS market telebriefing on Monday, Dec. 12, 11:00 a.m. Eastern: http://www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=414.
- Carrier VoIP market down 12% in 3Q11; Huawei, GENBAND lead
- PBX market continues its slow, steady recovery in 3Q11, up 5.5%
- Operators name Acme Packet top SBC vendor; SIP trunking, interconnection driving SBCs
- Telecom capex up 6% to $311B in 2011, rev. up 8% to $1.86T, driven by mobile broadband
- Mobile VoIP subscribers will near 410 million by 2015; VoLTE still a long way off
- Infonetics ups 2015 VoIP services forecast to $76B, driven by SIP trunking, hosted business VoIP
- IMS market up 87% year-over-year; GENBAND leads combined carrier VoIP and IMS market
- IMS survey shows growing momentum for mobile services
- BT, TDC, Vodafone among top hosted business VoIP services leaders in EMEA
- Verizon and New Global Telecom top business VoIP services leaders
UPCOMING VOIP AND IMS MARKET RESEARCH
Download prospectuses, tables of contents, highlights, etc. at http://www.infonetics.com/login (see SERVICE PROVIDER VOIP AND IMS for 2011 and new 2012 services).
- Larry Howard, VP (West NA, APAC, CALA): firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3335
- Scott Coyne, Sr. Account Dir. (East NA, Texas, Midwest): email@example.com, +1 408-583-3395
- George Stojsavljevic, Sr. Account Dir. (EMEA): firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 755-488-1623
- Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics, Sales (Japan): email@example.com, +81 3-6408-5566
- Hinton Information Services, Taiwan: www.hintoninfo.com.tw, +886-2-2799-3110 x220
- Doug Moon, MBAP Sales, Korea: firstname.lastname@example.org, +82-2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #