Campbell, CALIFORNIA, November 16, 2011—Market research firm Infonetics Research today released excerpts from its third quarter 2011 (3Q11) Service Provider VoIP Equipment and Subscribers market share and forecast report.
"Seasonally the third quarter tends to be a weak one for the overall carrier VoIP equipment market, and 3Q11 was no exception. No vendor is immune to the challenges of delayed orders and shifts in technology choices, although there were some standout performances by vendors in 3Q11 in specific segments, including Dialogic, GENBAND, Huawei, Metaswitch, and Sonus. Sequentially, all market segments are down in 3Q11, but from the year-ago quarter (3Q10), there is one bright spot: session border controllers (SBCs), with global revenue up 13%. The SBC and voice application controller segments are on track to be up in 2011, reflecting the continued shift to all-IP networks," expects Diane Myers, directing analyst for VoIP and IMS at Infonetics Research.
SERVICE PROVIDER VOIP MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global service provider VoIP equipment market (trunk media gateways, SBCs, media servers, softswitches, voice application servers), lost the 12% it gained in 2Q11 with a 12% decline, to $441 million
- Year-over-year (from 3Q10 to 3Q11), the overall market is down 15%
- In 3Q11, Huawei gained on GENBAND to take the lead in the overall service provider VoIP equipment market
- The growth of VoIP subscribers in fixed and mobile networks, SIP trunking, and IP interconnectivity will continue to be important drivers for VoIP equipment
- The standout region of the quarter is Central and Latin America, which posted a 14% increase in carrier VoIP equipment revenue in 3Q11 over 2Q11, driven by strong VoIP adoption, particularly in Brazil and Mexico
SERVICE PROVIDER VOIP REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly Service Provider VoIP Equipment report provides worldwide and regional market share, market size, forecasts, and analysis for VoIP subscribers and media processing and call control carrier VoIP equipment, including high-, mid-, and low-density trunk media gateways, access and interconnect SBCs, media servers, Class 4 and Class 5 softswitches, and voice application servers (IP Centrex/hosted IP PBX, IP trunking, residential). Vendors tracked: Acme Packet, Alcatel-Lucent, AudioCodes, BroadSoft, Cisco, Dialogic, Ericsson, GENBAND, Huawei, Italtel, MetaSwitch, Nokia Siemens, RadiSys, Sonus, Technicolor, Tekelec, Xener, ZTE, and others.
CLIENT CONFERENCE CALL
Clients: Join analyst Diane Myers for her 3Q11 Service Provider VoIP market telebriefing on Tuesday, Dec. 6, 12:00 p.m. Eastern: http://www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=413.
UPCOMING VOIP AND IMS MARKET RESEARCH
Download prospectuses, tables of contents, highlights, etc. at http://www.infonetics.com/login (see SERVICE PROVIDER VOIP AND IMS for 2011 and new 2012 services).
- Larry Howard, VP (West NA, APAC, CALA): firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3335
- Scott Coyne, Sr. Account Dir. (East NA, Texas, Midwest): email@example.com, +1 408-583-3395
- George Stojsavljevic, Sr. Account Dir. (EMEA): firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 755-488-1623
- Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics, Sales (Japan): email@example.com, +81 3-6408-5566
- Hinton Information Services, Taiwan: www.hintoninfo.com.tw, +886-2-2799-3110 x220
- Doug Moon, MBAP Sales, Korea: firstname.lastname@example.org, +82-2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #