CAMPBELL, California, May 5, 2011—Market research firm Infonetics Research today released excerpts from its annual North America Business VoIP Services Leadership Scorecard, which analyzes and ranks the top service providers in the hosted VoIP/UC and IP connectivity markets.
“In the past 12 to 18 months, there has been a wave of consolidation in the business VoIP space, including M&A activity by 5 of the top 10 hosted VoIP leaders that resulted in some changes to leader list, with New Global Telecom again coming out on top, due to its expanding installed base of seats and the financial stability of its parent company, Comcast. In the IP connectivity space, Verizon Business continues to lead the pack. The top 10 providers in each category represent a broad mix of providers; however, the most critical factors for success remain financial stability, proven experience, and quality service and support,” notes Diane Myers, directing analyst for VoIP and IMS at Infonetics Research.
BUSINESS VOIP SCORECARD HIGHLIGHTS
- Despite continued consolidation in the business VoIP service market, there are still over 100 service providers in North America
- For the third year in a row, Verizon Business is the market leader for IP connectivity
- Cbeyond, Comcast, and XO are also among top the IP connectivity providers
- New Global Telecom (NGT) tops the hosted VoIP and UC services list for the third straight year as well
- 8x8, Smoothstone, and Verizon Business are also among the top hosted VoIP providers
- 4 providers landed in the top 10 list of hosted VoIP providers for the first time this year due to their merger and acquisition activity, providing them with the necessary scale to maintain services
Service providers ranked in Infonetics' North America Business VoIP Services Leadership Scorecard include 8x8, AT&T, BroadView Networks, Broadvox, Cbeyond, Comcast, Cox, Global Crossing, M5, Megapath, New Global Telecom (NGT), Paetec, RingCentral, Smoothstone, Sprint, Thinking Phone Networks, Verizon Business, XO, and others.
The report identifies service providers currently leading the hosted VoIP and IP connectivity markets and those best positioned to succeed long-term. The matrix rankings are based on criteria such as installed base of lines/trunks or seats, financial stability, market strategy, service capabilities, and support options. An EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) edition of the scorecard will be published by Infonetics in August. Both scorecards are part of Infonetics' VoIP and UC Services and Subscribers service.
To download the prospectuses, tables of contents, highlights, etc. for related and upcoming research, please log in to http://www.infonetics.com/login and go to RESEARCH, then SERVICE PROVIDER VOIP AND IMS, 2011.
RELATED RESEARCH AVAILABLE NOW
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #