Campbell, CALIFORNIA, July 20, 2011—Market research firm Infonetics Research today released excerpts from its new Worldwide Web Security SaaS Provider Scorecard, which analyzes and ranks the top web security-as-a-service (SaaS) providers.
"There is a tight race for leadership among the top 5 web security SaaS providers—Cisco, McAfee, Symantec, Websense, and zScaler. The difference between 1st and 5th place in our vendor matrix comes down to small variations in brand presence, security profile, strategy, capabilities, and financial stability. These factors are valued differently from buyer to buyer, making for some very interesting competition between vendors," notes Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research.
WEB SECURITY SAAS SCORECARD HIGHLIGHTS
- Cisco leads Infonetics' web security SaaS provider scorecard overall, in large part because of its strong product offering with unique features, such as integration with Cisco routers
- McAfee and Symantec tie for 2nd right behind Cisco, each scoring stronger or weaker than the other in some areas
- Websense and zScaler, respectively the only standalone web security player and the sole SaaS-only player in the top 5, have the potential to remain strong players in the web security SaaS arena, though both will have trouble matching the security profile and brand presence of Cisco, McAfee, and Symantec
Providers ranked in Infonetics' Worldwide Web Security SaaS Provider Scorecard include Cisco, McAfee, Symantec, Websense, and zScaler, with additional commentary on other web security SaaS providers such as Blue Coat and Barracuda. The leadership scorecard identifies providers' strengths and weaknesses, and ranks the top web security SaaS providers based on criteria critical to determining market leadership, including security brand presence, security profile, financial stability, market strategy, and service capabilities. A Messaging Security SaaS Provider Scorecard was published by Infonetics in May 2011. Both scorecards are part of Infonetics' Managed Security Services and SaaS market size and forecast service, which will be published again September 8, 2011.
- Larry Howard, VP (West NA, APAC, CALA): firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- Scott Coyne, Sr. Account Dir. (East NA, Texas, Midwest): email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- George Stojsavljevic, Sr. Account Dir. (EMEA): firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
To download report prospectuses, tables of contents, highlights, etc. for related and upcoming research, please log in to http://www.infonetics.com/login and see SECURITY.
RELATED SECURITY RESEARCH HIGHLIGHTS
UPCOMING SECURITY MARKET SHARE, SIZE AND FORECAST REPORTS
UPCOMING SECURITY SURVEYS
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #