Campbell, CALIFORNIA, September 24, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its Cloud and CPE Managed Security Services report, which analyzes and forecasts the market for cloud- and customer premises equipment (CPE)–based security services delivered by service providers to small, medium, and large businesses.
“As the variety of devices, platforms, and apps grows and properly securing them becomes more complex, so grows demand for managed security services, even in the midst of some lingering economic malaise,” notes Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research.
Wilson adds, “Cloud-based security services in particular are gaining momentum, fueled by North America and greenfield opportunities in developing markets in Asia and Latin America. We’re forecasting global revenue from cloud-based security services to grow 83% from 2011 to 2016, an eyebrow-raising figure, especially in the enormous security market.”
CLOUD AND CPE MANAGED SECURITY MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The volume of network security attacks is up significantly in 2012, with more threats coming—or appearing to come—from trusted sources
- By 2016, spending on managed security services by medium-sized organizations will be on a par with large organizations
- Major Internet and platform companies including Google and Microsoft are integrating content security into their larger business applications offerings
- DDoS services like those provided by Prolexic and Verisign are a major and growing segment that Infonetics may break out in its managed security report when more data is available from providers in this space
Infonetics’ biannual Cloud and CPE Managed Security Services report provides market size, forecasts, trends and analysis for cloud- and CPE-based managed security services by organization size and by technology: managed firewalls, content security, intrusion detection and prevention solutions (IDS/IPS), and other security services. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Download SECURITY report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #