Campbell, CALIFORNIA, December 13, 2012—Analyst firm Infonetics Research Friday released its DDoS Prevention Appliances report, which tracks distributed denial of service (DDoS) vendors and analyzes and forecasts DDoS appliances built to protect enterprises and carriers.
“With mobile security attacks mushrooming at the same time that mobile operators are upgrading their networks to deliver 3G and 4G services and handle booming broadband data demand, operators are being forced to add new layers of network protection and to increase their security processing capacity. Mobile backhaul networks alone are adding orders of magnitude more capacity,” explains Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research. “These trends are pushing revenue for DDoS prevention solutions in mobile networks to grow at an explosive 32% compound annual growth rate through 2016.”
“The second-fastest growing vertical is the data center, where DDoS prevention spending is on track to surpass traditional carrier transport DDoS spending this year,” adds Wilson. “A head-to-head battle is coming in this segment, as major security vendors build data center-specialized security platforms that integrate high-performance DDoS prevention, giving buyers an alternative to the mid-range offerings from dedicated DDoS appliance vendors.”
DDOS PREVENTION MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Global DDoS prevention appliance revenue is expected to reach $272 million in 2012, up 29% from 2011
- Though Latin America accounts for only 6.5% of DDoS prevention appliance revenue in 3Q12, it is expected to have the highest growth from 2011 to 2016 as many carriers in the region deploy their first serious DDoS mitigation solutions
- The overall DDoS prevention appliance market is forecast to top $485 million in 2016
- US-based Arbor Networks is the largest vendor in the global DDoS prevention market
Infonetics’ biannual DDoS prevention appliance report provides market size, vendor market share, forecasts, analysis, and trends for DDoS prevention appliances by units, revenue, and deployment location (enterprise and carrier data centers, government networks, carrier transport and wired broadband networks, and mobile networks). Vendors tracked include Andrisoft, Arbor Networks, Corero, GenieNRM, IntruGuard, Narus, Radware, RioRey, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics SECURITY report highlights, tables of contents, prospectuses, market research brochure, and events brochure at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
UPCOMING INFONETICS WEBCASTS
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #