Campbell, CALIFORNIA, November 14, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Data Center Security Products market share, size, and forecast report, which tracks virtual and data center security appliances.
“A wave of new spending on data center security is underway. Service providers and enterprises are rebuilding data centers, and they need new security infrastructures to keep up with the performance requirements, network architectures, and threats brought about by the move to virtualization and the cloud,” notes Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research. “As a result, data center security spending is growing rapidly, and new vendors are finding opportunities to grow their share of the data center security pie.”
DATA CENTER SECURITY APPLIANCE MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Infonetics forecasts the data center security appliance market to grow to $2.7 billion by 2016
- Quarterly data center security appliance market share closely mirrors the overall security solution market, with Cisco leading, followed by Juniper, McAfee, Fortinet and Check Point
- In the virtual security appliance segment, revenue is up 34% from the year-ago 2nd quarter and annual revenue is forecast to grow at a 21% CAGR through 2016, driven by cloud infrastructure buildouts, the high visibility of security as a barrier for cloud adoption, and the rapid adoption of server virtualization
- The virtual appliance vendor landscape is a crowded one, comprising a mix of established security players, virtualization platform vendors, and specialist vendors
Infonetics’ biannual data center security products report provides worldwide and regional market size, market share, forecasts, analysis, and trends for virtual security appliances (VPNs/firewalls, SSL VPNs, IDS/IPS, and content security gateways) and data center security appliances (integrated security appliances, DDoS appliances, IDS/IPS, and content security gateways). Vendors tracked include Arbor Networks, Blue Coat, Check Point, Cisco, Fortinet, GenieNRM, HP, ISS, Juniper, McAfee, Narus, SonicWALL, Sourcefire, Stonesoft, Symantec, Trend Micro, WatchGuard, Websense, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
UPCOMING AND RELATED RESEARCH
Download SECURITY report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #