Campbell, CALIFORNIA, November 1, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Home Networking Devices vendor market share and forecast report, which tracks residential gateways; broadband routers; HomePlug Powerline adapters; multimedia over coax (MoCA) set-top boxes (STBs), optical network terminals (ONTs), and coax-Ethernet adapters; and HPNA/G.hn adapters.
“Among the wide variety of gear we track for our home networking devices report, the devices growing at the fastest rate have one thing in common: multimedia over coax,” explains Jeff Heynen, directing analyst for broadband access and pay TV at Infonetics Research. “MoCA set top boxes and adapters continue to show sustained growth in North America, where DirecTV, Dish Networks, and a growing list of cable companies are rolling out whole-home DVR and video gateway services.”
Heynen adds: “While we’re still in the early stages of MoCA device growth, we expect MoCA to become the de facto wired technology for video distribution to devices in the home. Going forward, multiscreen video will be a key driver for MoCA.”
HOME NETWORKING DEVICE MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Infonetics forecasts a cumulative $46 billion to be spent on consumer home networking devices over the 5 years from 2012 to 2016
- Consumer residential gateways sales grew 12% in the first half of 2012 (1H12) over the second half of 2011 (2H11)
- Sales of MoCA set-top boxes rose 33% in 1H12 over 2H11
- Consumer home networking device leaders NETGEAR and D-Link increased their global revenue market share in 1H12, while Pace surged into 3rd
Infonetics’ biannual Home Networking Devices report provides worldwide and regional market size, home networking market share, analysis, forecasts, and trends for residential gateways; MoCA STBs, ONTs, and coax-Ethernet adapters; wired and WiFi broadband routers (HomePlug Powerline, MoCA, and HPNA/G.hn); HomePlug Powerline adapters; and HPNA/G.hn adapters. Companies tracked include Actiontec, Alcatel Lucent, ARRIS, AVM, Belkin, Cisco, Comtrend, D-Link, Huawei, Motorola, NETGEAR, Pace, Sagemcom, SMC Networks, Technicolor, TP-LINK, TrendNet, Ubee Interactive, ZTE, ZyXEL, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Download BROADBAND ACCESS report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #