Campbell, CALIFORNIA, October 24, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Macrocell Mobile Backhaul Equipment and Services market share and forecast report, which ranks mobile backhaul equipment vendors, identifies market growth areas, and provides analysis of equipment, connections, cell sites, and service charges.
“Steady, albeit slow, growth is in store for the macrocell mobile backhaul equipment market,” notes Michael Howard, principal analyst and co-founder of Infonetics Research. “While Verizon Wireless and AT&T are winding down their first big wave of LTE deployments and their spending is slowing, this is a large market and there’s still room for growth. We’re expecting a cumulative $43.6 billion to be spent on macrocell mobile backhaul equipment over the 5 years from 2012 to 2016, as operators outside of North America buy up microwave gear to support rising capacity requirements.”
“Well over half of all spending in the mobile backhaul market is on microwave equipment,” adds Richard Webb, directing analyst for microwave and mobile offload at Infonetics.
MACROCELL MOBILE BACKHAUL MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Globally, the macrocell mobile backhaul equipment market is forecast by Infonetics to grow to $9.7 billion by 2016
- 94% of all macrocell mobile backhaul equipment spending is on IP/Ethernet gear, with 54% of this on packet-capable microwave
- Infonetics expects Ethernet mobile backhaul router revenue to peak in 2015, as the buildout of macrocell mobile backhaul subsides and the focus shifts to small cells
Infonetics’ biannual Macrocell Mobile Backhaul report provides worldwide and regional market share, market size, forecasts, analysis, and trends for mobile backhaul equipment, connections, installed cell sites, and service charges by technology. Companies tracked include Accedian, Actelis, Adtran, ADVA, Alcatel-Lucent, Aviat, BridgeWave, Canoga Perkins, Celtro, Ceragon, Ciena, Cisco, DragonWave, ECI Telecom, Ericsson, Huawei, IPITEK, Juniper, MRV, NEC, Nokia Siemens Networks, Overture/Hatteras, RAD, TelcoSystems/ANDA, Tellabs, ZTE, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Download MOBILE BACKHAUL, MICROWAVE and SMALL CELL report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #