Boston, MASSACHUSETTS, January 15, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest OTN and Packet Optical Hardware market share, size, and forecasts report, which tracks optical transport network (OTN) transport equipment, OTN switching equipment, and packet-optical transport systems (P-OTS).
“Though OTN switching currently makes up only a small portion of the overall OTN market and deployments have been centered mostly in China, we anticipate breakout growth for this segment as operators in EMEA and North America adopt integrated WDM+OTN switching as part of the roll out of 100G coherent technology in regional and core networks,” notes Andrew Schmitt, principal analyst for optical at Infonetics Research. “We’re forecasting the OTN switching segment to grow at a 5-year compound annual growth rate of 28% from 2012 to 2016.”
OTN AND P-OTS MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Infonetics expects the OTN market (OTN transport and switching equipment) to grow at 13% CAGR through 2016, slightly faster than the underlying WDM market it mostly overlaps
- Once final figures are in for the full year 2012, Infonetics expects OTN revenue to total $7 billion, or 65% of all optical equipment spending
- The market for P-OTS equipment is anticipated to be $1.26 billion in 2012, with 55% of revenue coming from metro edge P-OTS and 45% from metro regional P-OTS
- Incumbent vendors Tellabs, Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, Fujitsu, and Ciena are the P-OTS market leaders, but new players including BTI, Cyan, Transmode, and Ericsson are challenging with pure-play P-OTS platforms
Infonetics’ Andrew Schmitt is hosting a 100G webinar on March 5, “100G Optics: Why Operators Are Upgrading Now.” To learn more or attend, visit http://bit.ly/W1E83Q.
OTN REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ biannual OTN and packet optical hardware report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts, analysis, and trends for OTN transport and switching hardware, including metro edge and metro regional packet-optical transport systems (P-OTS) and OTN port revenue forecasts by port type and speed. Companies tracked include ADVA, Alcatel-Lucent, Ciena, Cisco, ECI Telecom, Ericsson, Fujitsu, Huawei, Infinera, Nokia Siemens Networks, Tellabs, Transmode, ZTE, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED OPTICAL RESEARCH
UPCOMING OPTICAL RESEARCH
Download Infonetics OPTICAL report highlights, tables of contents, prospectuses, market research brochure, and events brochure at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
UPCOMING INFONETICS WEBCASTS
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events/ to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #