CAMPBELL, California, September 26, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Policy Management Software market size, vendor market share, and forecast report, which tracks policy management software deployed in wireless networks (3G broadband, WiMAX, LTE) and in fixed-line broadband and cable broadband networks.
“Growth in the policy management market is being driven not only by new wins, particularly in conjunction with infrastructure upgrades, but also through the expansion of existing contracts and by replacement activity,” notes Shira Levine, directing analyst for service enablement and subscriber intelligence at Infonetics Research. “We’re seeing many operators run into scalability and flexibility issues with their first-generation policy solutions, and they’re either replacing them with new solutions or augmenting what they have in place with additional functionality to support things like new pricing models and advanced subscriber controls.”
POLICY MANAGEMENT MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Global sales of policy management software for wireless and fixed-line networks grew 41% in 2011 and are forecast by Infonetics to hit similar growth levels in 2012, with strong momentum continuing through at least 2016, when the market will top $1.9 billion
- The wireless segment is a key area of growth in the policy management market, as mobile operators deploy policy solutions for 3G and LTE networks
- Mobile operators in emerging markets such as Eastern Europe and the Middle East are using policy management to combat high subscriber churn rates and increase ARPU through loyalty programs, expanded payment options, and value-added services
- Shared data plans—where a ‘bucket’ of data is shared among subscribers or devices—are driving operator investment in flexible, real-time policy solutions
- The larger policy management and billing vendors are more tightly integrating policy control and charging functionality into their solutions
Infonetics’ biannual Policy Management Software report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts, and trends for policy management software deployed in fixed-line broadband and cable broadband networks, and in 3G broadband, WiMAX, and LTE mobile networks. Vendors tracked include Alcatel-Lucent, Amdocs BandWD, BroadHop, Comptel, Comverse, Elitecore, Ericsson, HP, Huawei, Juniper, Nokia Siemens, Openet, Tekelec, Volubill and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Download NEXT GEN OSS AND POLICY report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
UPCOMING LEADERSHIP SCORECARDS
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #