Boston, MASSACHUSETTS, October 15, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest ROADM Components report, which tracks the reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplexer (ROADM) optical network equipment market and the wavelength selective switch (WSS) components within it, measured by spacing technology and degree count.
“Growth in the overall WDM ROADM equipment market hasn’t been stellar, but it has far outstripped the declines seen in ROADM WSS units and revenue,” explains Andrew Schmitt, principal analyst for optical at Infonetics Research. “I think we have learned that the WSS market is more cyclical and tied to the ebb and flow of common equipment deployments.”
ROADM WSS COMPONENT MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Unit shipment declines coupled with price reductions caused ROADM WSS component revenue to fall 34% in the 1st half of 2012 (1H12) from the 1st half of 2011 (1H11)
- ROADM WSS component revenue as a share of WDM ROADM equipment has fallen to a 5 year low of 6%
- No single vendor controls the WDM ROADM optical network equipment market
- Infonetics forecasts the ROADM WSS component market to grow at a 9.5% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2011 to 2016
- Component growth will benefit from the rollout of new greenfield coherent 100G networks in 2014, particularly gridless ROADMs designed to support colorless, directionless, contentionless (CDC) architectures
Infonetics' biannual ROADM Components report provides market size, ROADM vendor market share, forecasts, analysis, and trends for ROADM optical network hardware and ROADM WSS components (1x4 or less 50GHz/100GHz and 1x5 or larger 50GHz/100GHz). Companies tracked include ADVA, Alcatel-Lucent, Capella, CoAdna, Ciena (Nortel), Cisco, ECI Telecom, Ericsson, Finisar, Fujitsu, Huawei, Infinera, JDSU, NEC, Nistica, Nokia Siemens Networks, Oclaro/Xtellus, Tellabs, Transmode, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download OPTICAL report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
UPCOMING LEADERSHIP SCORECARDS
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #