Campbell, CALIFORNIA, October 16, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Security Client Software vendor market share and forecast report, which tracks enterprise and consumer security client software for mobile devices, desktops and laptops.
“Coming off the spike in 2011, the perennially strong desktop security client segment is slowing as companies turn their attention to mobile and cloud-based security solutions,” notes Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research. “More and more consumers and enterprises are using smartphones and tablets in place of traditional desktops and laptops, fueling an increase in mobile malware and the need for mobile-specific security products. As a result, we expect mobile solutions to grow to over a third of the total security client software market by 2016.”
SECURITY CLIENT SOFTWARE MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Global sales of desktop and mobile security client software are forecast by Infonetics to top $7.3 billion by 2016
- Infonetics expects mobile security client software revenue to grow 63% in 2012 on the heels of 76% annual growth in 2011
- The much bigger desktop/laptop security client software segment is forecast to grow at a comparatively modest 0.9% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2011 to 2016
- Perennial frontrunners Symantec (#1) and McAfee (#2) continue to lead the security software market, although upstart mobile and hosted vendors could soon shake up the market share landscape
Infonetics’ biannual Security Client Software report provides regional and worldwide market size, vendor market share, forecasts, analysis, and trends for the enterprise and consumer mobile security client software and desktop/laptop security client software markets. The report tracks and forecasts security client revenue, licenses, and revenue per license by quarter. Companies tracked include Juniper/SMobile, Kaspersky, McAfee, Symantec, Trend Micro, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Download SECURITY report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #