Boston, MASSACHUSETTS, October 19, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Service Provider Deep Packet Inspection Products report, which tracks standalone deep packet inspection (DPI) vendors and solutions for wireless and fixed-line networks.
“Traffic management is still the primary use case for DPI technology, but we’re seeing a growing interest in folding DPI into larger solutions, such as video optimization, content caching, and usage-based billing,” notes Shira Levine, directing analyst for service enablement and subscriber intelligence at Infonetics Research. “This ‘DPI inside’ approach provides operators with the visibility into network traffic needed to enable new service models and pricing plans and to support new architectures like software-defined networks (SDNs).”
DPI MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The service provider deep packet inspection (DPI) market is forecast by Infonetics to grow at a 30.4% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2011 to 2016, driven by the increased use of DPI in wireless networks
- DPI product revenue is on track to pass the $600-million mark this year
- Mobile operators are deploying DPI hand-in-hand with LTE for more granular traffic management and to enable value-added services, tiered services, and sophisticated pricing models
- Infonetics expects operators to push DPI deeper into the access network and eventually to the device level via enforcement agents that enable greater network and service control on smartphones, tablets, and set-top boxes
DPI REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ biannual DPI report provides worldwide and regional market size, market share, forecasts, analysis, and trends for standalone deep packet inspection products used in wireless and fixed-line service provider networks. Companies tracked include Allot, Arbor, Cisco, CloudShield, Huawei, Procera, Qosmos, Sandvine, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Download SERVICE ENABLEMENT AND SUBSCRIBER INTELLIGENCE report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
UPCOMING LEADERSHIP SCORECARDS
- Western NA, Asia, CALA: Larry Howard (VP), firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- Eastern NA, Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #