Boston, MASSACHUSETTS, November 6, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Subscriber Data Management Software and Services market size and forecast report, which tracks subscriber data management (SDM) software and services for mobile and fixed-line networks.
“We’re seeing growing operator momentum around the concept of monetizing subscriber data, whether in the form of brokering it to third-party advertisers and content providers, or assuming the role of ‘identity provider’ and providing authorization and authentication services to third parties based on subscriber information,” notes Shira Levine, directing analyst for service enablement and subscriber intelligence at Infonetics Research.
Levine adds: “The challenge associated with these strategies, though, is ensuring the data can be securely exposed in a way that complies with both customer preferences and regulatory constraints.”
SUBSCRIBER DATA MANAGEMENT MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global subscriber data management (SDM) market, including SDM software and services for mobile and fixed-line networks, is on track to grow 38% in 2012 over 2011
- By 2016, Infonetics expects the global SDM market to reach $1.5 billion
- SDM is gaining steam with mobile operators in Latin America, as they deploy SDM software to streamline service provisioning and subscriber turn-up
- Analytics will play an increasingly important role in SDM, potentially driving partnerships between analytics vendors and SDM suppliers
- Though SDM has traditionally been the realm of network equipment suppliers that bundle SDM systems with front-end applications, there are a growing number of new entrants looking to capitalize on this opportunity by leveraging their enterprise data management or directory technology, including Oracle, IBM, UnboundID and Openwave Mobility
Infonetics’ biannual subscriber data management report provides worldwide and regional market size, forecasts, analysis, and trends for mobile and fixed-line subscriber data management software and services. Companies tracked include Alcatel-Lucent, Amdocs, Ericsson, HP, Huawei, IBM, Nokia Siemens Networks, Openwave Mobility, Oracle, Redknee, Tekelec, and UnboundID. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Download SERVICE ENABLEMENT AND SUBSCRIBER INTELLIGENCE report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
- Western NA, Asia, CALA: Larry Howard (VP), firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- Eastern NA, Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #