CAMPBELL, California, June 21, 2012— Market research firm Infonetics Research today released excerpts from its 1st quarter (1Q12) Data Center Network Equipment vendor market share and forecast report.
“The data center equipment market was down sequentially, but is up nicely from the year-ago first quarter. For the remainder of 2012 and into 2013, we expect growth to be choppy as service providers and data center operators are at different stages in their data center upgrades and some are beginning to wind down their current investment cycle,” notes Sam Barnett, directing analyst for data center and cloud at Infonetics Research.
DATA CENTER EQUIPMENT MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Global revenue for data center network equipment—data center Ethernet switches, application delivery controllers, and WAN optimization appliances—fell to $2.2 billion in 1Q12, down 6% from 4Q11, but up a strong 17% year over year
- WAN optimization appliances saw the steepest revenue decline, down 20% from the previous quarter
- Cisco maintains a commanding lead in the overall data center network equipment market, followed by ADC leader F5 and HP, who remain in a neck-and-neck battle for 2nd
- Asia Pacific posted the strongest sequential gain in 1Q12 for overall data center network equipment revenue, while North America still accounts for nearly half the market
- Renewed fears of an economic meltdown in the EU community are pressuring investments; EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) was down 10% quarter over quarter and had the worst year-over-year showing of all regions
DATA CENTER EQUIPMENT REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly Data Center Network Equipment report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts and analysis for data center Ethernet switches (general purpose, purpose-built, and blade switches), ADCs, and WAN optimization appliances. Companies tracked include Alcatel Lucent, Blue Coat, Brocade, Cisco, Citrix, Dell, F5, HP, IBM (BNT), Juniper, Radware, Riverbed, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics' sales: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Download Infonetics report highlights, prospectuses, etc. at http://www.infonetics.com/login (see DATA CENTER AND CLOUD).
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #