LONDON, England, July 3, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its first quarter (1Q12) Femtocell Equipment market share and forecast report, which tracks femtocells by market segment, technology, and form factor.
"A slight dip in 3G femtocell revenue per unit held back overall revenue growth in the femtocell market in the first part of the year, but price erosion is an important factor that will drive long-term volume growth," notes Richard Webb, directing analyst for microwave, mobile offload and mobile broadband devices at Infonetics Research. "Femtocell price erosion is due to a combination of factors, including new component suppliers entering the fray, manufacturing efficiencies, and the continuing scale-up of femtocell shipment volumes."
Webb adds: "We remain cautiously optimistic that femtocells have sufficient market drivers and support among operators to sustain year-over-year growth through 2016."
FEMTOCELL EQUIPMENT MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Following a 20% surge the previous quarter, global 2G and 3G femtocell revenue dipped 2.7% in 1Q12, even as femtocell unit shipments grew 14.0%
- Airvana climbed back to the #1 position on the femtocell revenue market share leader board, thanks to strong shipments in N. America; Samsung fell to 2nd, and Alcatel-Lucent finally edged ahead of Cisco/ip.access for 3rd
- The makeup of global femtocell revenue is shifting radically: between 2011 and 2016, Infonetics expects the share of consumer femtocells to shrink from 74% of the total market to 30%, while public space femtocell share triples to 25%, and enterprise femtocell revenue share grows the most, making up almost half the global market by 2016
- More than 45 operators are now live with commercial femtocell deployments, and the Small Cell Forum reports that as of December 2011 there are over 3 million active femtocells privately in homes and offices, and publicly in metropolitan and rural environments
FEMTOCELL EQUIPMENT REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly Femtocell Equipment report provides worldwide and regional market size, femtocell vendor market share, forecasts, and analysis for revenue, units, and ARPU of 2G femtocells (CDMA, GSM/GPRS), 3G femtocells (W-CDMA/HSPA, CDMA2000/EV-DO), and 4G femtocells (WiMAX, FDD-LTE, TDD-LTE). Femtocells are tracked by form factor (standalone and integrated femtocells) and market segment: consumer, enterprise, and public space. Companies tracked include Airvana, Airwalk, Alcatel-Lucent, Argela, Cisco/ip.access (3G femtocells), Contela, Huawei, ip.access, NEC, Ubee Interactive, Ubiquisys, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics sales: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED MARKET RESEARCH
RECENT AND UPCOMING SMALL CELLS AND CARRIER WIFI RESEARCH
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
INFONETICS IS HIRING
Infonetics is expanding rapidly and is looking to hire more analysts, including a senior Industry Analyst: Mobile and Home Networking Devices; Market Analyst: Enterprise VoIP; Market Research Manager; and more. See http://bit.ly/jmXOYO for job descriptions.
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #