CAMPBELL, California, June 21, 2012— Market research firm Infonetics Research today released excerpts from its 1st quarter (1Q12) SAN Equipment vendor market share and forecast report.
“We see steady growth ahead for SAN switches and adapters, pushed by social networking, video sharing, data center innovations, and the eventual shift to cloud computing models. Fibre Channel continues to be the real star, with revenue from 16G Fiber Channel products growing at an astounding 52% compound annual growth rate from 2011 to 2016,” expects Sam Barnett, directing analyst for data center and cloud at Infonetics Research.
SAN EQUIPMENT MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global storage networking market totaled $1.3 billion in 1Q12, flat from 4Q11
- FCoE converged network adapters (CNAs) were a bright spot in the market in 1Q12, up 22% sequentially
- In the Fibre Channel SAN switch space, Brocade continues to be the #1 player, with 70% revenue market share
- Potential economic difficulties in North America and EMEA remain a concern in relation to service provider capex, as these regions together accounted for slightly over 70% of the global SAN equipment market
SAN EQUIPMENT REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly SAN Equipment report provides worldwide and regional market size, market share, forecasts, and analysis for Fibre Channel host bus adapters (FC HBAs), iSCSI host bus adapters (iSCSI HBAs), FCoE converged network adapters (CNAs), and chassis and fixed Fibre Channel and all FCoE-capable switches that are purpose-built for the data center (10G FCoE, FC 2G, FC 4G, FC 8G, FC 16G, iSCSI). Companies tracked include Brocade, Chelsio, Cisco, Dell, Emulex, IBM (BNT), Juniper, Mellanox, QLogic, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics' sales: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Download Infonetics report highlights, prospectuses, etc. at http://www.infonetics.com/login (see DATA CENTER AND CLOUD).
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #