Campbell, CALIFORNIA, April 26, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its recent Cloud and CPE Managed Security Services report, which analyzes and forecasts the market for cloud-based and CPE-based security services delivered by service providers for small, medium, and large businesses.
"The fact that many new attacks are developed for the web applications means that any device that has a web browser and some form of Internet access is a target," notes Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research. "Companies have to worry about desktops, laptops, servers, smartphones, tablets, kiosks, iPods, set-top boxes, and any other device that can connect to the Internet. The highly distributed nature of Internet-connected devices and the diversity of those devices drives many companies to look at managed services (cloud-based services in particular) to provide consistent protection regardless of device type, location, operating system, or browser."
CLOUD AND CPE MANAGED SECURITY MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Global cloud and CPE managed security service revenue grew 12% in 2011, to $11.7 billion
- Infonetics Research forecasts the cloud and CPE managed security services market to grow to just under $18 billion by 2016
- North America is expected to remain the largest market for managed security solutions for the foreseeable future
- The managed security market is driven in large part by 3 major factors:
- Currently installed solutions are not enough
- Many companies lack the manpower or expertise to roll out new technology
- Many enterprises are in the midst of an IT infrastructure transformation, moving users, applications, and data into the cloud, and seeking security solutions that will follow them
CLOUD AND CPE MANAGED SECURITY REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ biannual Cloud and CPE Managed Security Services report provides market size, forecasts through 2016, and analysis for both cloud-based and CPE-based managed security services by technology (managed firewalls, content security, intrusion detection and prevention solutions or IDS/IPS, and other managed security services) and organization size.
RECENT/RELATED SECURITY RESEARCH
UPCOMING SECURITY MARKET SHARE / FORECAST REPORTS
UPCOMING ENTERPRISE SECURITY SURVEYS
UPCOMING LEADERSHIP SCORECARDS
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #