Campbell, CALIFORNIA, July 9, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest DDoS Prevention Appliances vendor market share and forecast report, which tracks distributed denial of service (DDoS) appliances deployed to protect enterprise and carrier data centers, mobile networks, wired carrier transport and broadband networks, and government transport networks.
“While the market for dedicated DDoS prevention solutions remains strong, going forward the overall performance of the market and the vendors in it will be challenged by the widening availability of hosted/SaaS solutions and new integrated security platforms that include DDoS prevention as a feature,” notes Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research. “Arbor Networks and Alcatel-Lucent recently announced a combined offering that couples Alcatel-Lucent routers and a specialized DDoS mitigation blade from Arbor. And F5 recently launched a specialized data center firewall product based on its BigIP traffic management platform, with DDoS prevention as a cornerstone feature.”
Wilson adds: “We expect other major security vendors to build specialized security platforms with integrated DDoS prevention that will go head-to-head with mid-range offerings from the dedicated DDoS appliance vendors.”
DDoS PREVENTION MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Sustained DDoS activity will drive the prevention market to 24% growth in 2012 over 2011
- The data center segment of the DDoS prevention market is growing fast and is expected to pass the carrier transport segment by the end of 2012
- Arbor Networks, the largest vendor in the DDoS prevention appliance market, maintains a commanding overall lead with nearly 3/5 of global revenue, although Radware is challenging in the government network segment
- Combined, all segments of the DDoS prevention market—data center, carrier transport, mobile, and government—are forecast by Infonetics to top $420 million by 2016
- Mobile networks will see the strongest growth in the DDoS prevention market, with a 30% CAGR over the 5 years between 2011 and 2016
DDoS PREVENTION REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ biannual DDoS Prevention Appliance report provides vendor market share, market size, and forecasts through 2016 for DDoS appliance revenue by deployment location (enterprise and carrier data centers, mobile networks, government networks, and carrier transport and wired broadband networks) and by region (North America, EMEA, Asia Pacific, Central and Latin America, worldwide). The report also provides DDoS unit market share and forecasts by region. DDoS prevention vendors tracked include Andrisoft, Arbor Networks, Corero, GenieNRM, IntruGuard, Narus, Radware, RioRey, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics sales: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED SECURITY RESEARCH
UPCOMING SECURITY MARKET SHARE & FORECAST REPORTS
See SECURITY at http://www.infonetics.com/login for report highlights, tables of contents, etc., or download Infonetics’ 2012 Research Publication Calendar: http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
UPCOMING SECURITY SURVEYS
UPCOMING LEADERSHIP SCORECARDS
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
INFONETICS IS HIRING
Infonetics is expanding rapidly and is looking to hire more analysts, including a senior Industry Analyst: Mobile and Home Networking Devices; Market Analyst: Enterprise VoIP; Market Research Manager; and more. See http://bit.ly/jmXOYO for job descriptions.
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #