Campbell, CALIFORNIA, June 7, 2012—The data center and virtual security appliance market is on track to grow to a $4.4 billion opportunity by 2016, reports technology market research firm Infonetics Research in its latest Data Center Security Appliances market share, size, and forecast report.
"In the already big and growing data center security appliance segment, we see a potential battle looming for vendor market share," predicts Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research. "Cisco leads now, with nearly a third of global revenue in 2011, followed by Juniper, McAfee, HP, and Fortinet. But there are a number of appliance vendors that don't yet crack the top 5 that we expect will have a strong position in data center security overall later this year, and others already in the top 5 that we expect will strengthen their positions, including McAfee, Trend Micro, Check Point, Arbor, Palo Alto, SonicWALL, and F5."
DATA CENTER AND VIRTUAL SECURITY APPLIANCE MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The virtual security appliance market is smaller but growing faster than the data center security appliance segment, as threats intensify and cloud buildouts continue
- Global sales of virtual security appliances -- including VPNs/firewalls, SSL VPNs, IDS/IPS and content security gateways -- grew 57% from 2010 to 2011
- The larger data center security appliance market, including integrated security appliances, IDS/IPS, content security gateways and DDoS appliances, is forecast by Infonetics to grow 8.7% in 2012
- Both segments are primed for impressive growth over the next 5 years, driven by the increasing volume and variety of security threats, new security challenges being presented by cloud and virtualization technologies, service provider data center upgrades, and the cost and ineffectiveness of some traditional security solutions in data center environments
Infonetics’ biannual Data Center Security Appliances report provides worldwide and regional market size, forecasts, and analysis for virtual security appliances and data center security appliances (including 8 sub-segments), as well as data center vendor market share by region and market sub-segment. Vendors tracked include Arbor, AEP, Barracuda, Blue Coat, Catbird, Check Point, Cisco, Citrix, F5, Fortinet, HP, IBM, ISS, Juniper, McAfee, Radware, SonicWALL, Sourcefire, Stonesoft, Symantec, Trend Micro, VMWare, Vyatta, WatchGuard, Websense, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics Sales: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED SECURITY RESEARCH
UPCOMING SECURITY MARKET SHARE / FORECAST REPORTS
See SECURITY at http://www.infonetics.com/login for report highlights, tables of contents, etc., or download Infonetics’ 2012 Research Publication Calendar: http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
UPCOMING ENTERPRISE SECURITY SURVEYS
UPCOMING LEADERSHIP SCORECARDS
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #