Campbell, CALIFORNIA, April 17, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research today released excerpts from its latest Enterprise Session Border Controllers (eSBCs) market size and forecast report.
"The market for enterprise session border controllers jumped 60% in 2011 and will grow significantly over the coming years as the adoption of SIP trunking continues to expand," expects Diane Myers, directing analyst for VoIP and IMS at Infonetics Research. “The enterprise SBC market is a sweet spot in the enterprise market because they fill a growing need for security, interoperability, and network border traversal.”
ENTERPRISE SBC MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- SIP trunks – adoption of which is the primary driver for enterprise SBCs sales -- grew 88% in 2011 over the previous year
- Infonetics Research forecasts the global enterprise SBC market to grow to $527 million in 2016
- SBCs, among other things, are the next generation of border elements, and will eventually replace (TDM to) VoIP gateways used today
- North America makes up the majority of the eSBC market, though its share of global eSBC revenue will decline to a smaller majority as other regions increase SIP trunk adoption
- Acme Packet is the enterprise SBC market leader, with 34% worldwide revenue share in 2011, followed by Cisco
ENTERPRISE SBC REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ biannual Enterprise SBC report provides worldwide and regional market size, analysis, and forecasts through 2016 for enterprise SBC revenue and sessions by system and business size in North America, Asia Pacific, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa), and Central and Latin America. The report includes top takeaways for the market, market drivers and challenges, and vendor market share and analysis. Companies tracked: Acme Packet, Adtran, AudioCodes, Avaya, Cisco, Dialogic, Edgewater, GENBAND, Ingate, NET, ONEAccess, Siemens Enterprise, and Sonus.
Download report highlights, prospectuses, tables of contents, etc. at http://www.infonetics.com/login (see ENTERPRISE VOICE, VIDEO, AND UC or SERVICE PROVIDER VOIP AND IMS).
Infonetics continues to expand rapidly and is looking to hire more people. See http://bit.ly/jmXOYO for current job openings, which include a senior Video analyst and market analyst with enterprise VoIP expertise and a marketing writer with digital marketing and social networking experience
- Western NA, Asia, CALA: Larry Howard (VP), email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- Eastern NA, Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #