Campbell, CALIFORNIA, April 12, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Mobile Backhaul Equipment and Services market share and forecast report, which ranks mobile backhaul equipment vendors, identifies market growth areas, and provides analysis of mobile backhaul equipment, connections, cell sites, and service charges.
"The nice bump up in the mobile backhaul market in 2011 was due in large part to a surge in Ethernet mobile backhaul router purchases in China," explains Michael Howard, principal analyst and co-founder of Infonetics Research. "We expect the China surge to subside in 2012, impacting the overall market; then slow, steady growth in this already-large market should resume in 2013."
Richard Webb, directing analyst for microwave at Infonetics, adds: "Roughly 55% of the world’s mobile backhaul physical connections are on microwave, and more than half of all mobile backhaul equipment revenue in 2011 came from dual TDM/Ethernet microwave and packet-only microwave equipment combined."
MOBILE BACKHAUL EQUIPMENT MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global mobile backhaul equipment market grew 8% to $7.4 billion in 2011, following a 10% increase the previous year
- Infonetics forecasts a cumulative $39 billion will be spent on mobile backhaul equipment over the 5 years from 2012 to 2016
- Ericsson maintained its lead in the mobile backhaul microwave radio market with 22% of global revenue in 2011; meanwhile, Huawei took the lead in quarterly revenue for the first time in 4Q11
- Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, Huawei, Tellabs, and ZTE lead the fast-growing Ethernet mobile backhaul routers and gateways segment
- IP/Ethernet equipment makes up more than 90% of all mobile backhaul equipment spending, driven by operators looking to lower mobile data traffic costs, accommodate the 3G mobile broadband data transition, and move to IP as the basic technology of LTE (and WiMAX)
- About 150 mobile operators are actively deploying IP/Ethernet backhaul, up from 100 in 2010 and 25 in 2009
MOBILE BACKHAUL REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ biannual Mobile Backhaul report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2016, and in-depth analysis for mobile backhaul equipment (copper, fiber, air); connections; installed cell sites (2G, 3G, LTE, WiMAX, mixed), and service charges. Technologies tracked: PDH and ATM over PDH, SONET/SDH and WDM, Ethernet copper and fiber, DSL, PON, coax cable, microwave, TDM, Ethernet, WiMAX, and satellite, with a breakdown of IP mobile backhaul equipment. The report also tracks vendor and operator mobile backhaul activity and mobile operator backhaul strategies.
Companies tracked in Infonetics’ mobile backhaul report include Accedian, Actelis, Adtran, ADVA, Alcatel-Lucent, Alvarion, Aviat, BridgeWave, Cambridge, Canoga Perkins, Celtro, Ceragon, Ciena, Cisco, DragonWave, ECI, Ericsson-Redback, Fujitsu, Huawei, IPITEK, Juniper, MRV, NEC, Nokia Siemens, Omnitron, OneAccess, Overture/Hatteras, RAD Data, TelcoSystems/ANDA, Tellabs, Transmode, ZTE, and others. Contact Sales to buy report.
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
See MOBILE BACKHAUL AND MICROWAVE or SMALL CELLS AND WIFI OFFLOAD at http://www.infonetics.com/login for report highlights, tables of contents, etc.
CONTINUOUS RESEARCH SERVICE (CRS) NOTES
Log in to download purchased research notes or contact Sales to buy reports.
- Mobile World Congress 2012: Microwave Innovation Gives Long-Term Roadmap
- Millimeter Wave Outlook 2012: Backhaul Demand, New Entrants Drive Emerging Segment
- 2012 Mobile Wireless Backhaul Trends
- Microwave Outlook for 2012: All-Packet Shines, Vendors Position for Small Cells
- Huawei Revenue Reconciliation
- Infonetics Research's Top 2012 Trends
Infonetics continues to expand rapidly and is looking to hire more people. See http://bit.ly/jmXOYO for current job openings, which include a senior Video analyst and market analyst with enterprise VoIP expertise and a marketing writer with digital marketing and social networking experience
- Western NA, Asia, CALA: Larry Howard (VP), firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- Eastern NA, Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #