Campbell, CALIFORNIA, June 20, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research today released excerpts from its Service Provider Outsourcing to Vendors market size, vendor market share, and forecast report.
"Service providers continue to spend more on outsourcing, making it clear that equipment vendors must push ahead with their transformation from box producers to managed service providers," notes Stéphane Téral, Infonetics Research’s principal analyst for mobile infrastructure and carrier economics. "Opex reduction, though taboo, remains the chief driver for the outsourcing and managed services market, as telcos farm out more and more tasks to cut operational expenses and beef up margins."
CARRIER OUTSOURCING HIGHLIGHTS
- Service providers spent 9% more on outsourced networking services to equipment vendors in 2011 ($60 billion) than in 2010 ($55 billion)
- The service provider outsourcing market is expected to hit $75 billion per year by 2016
- Wireless is the fastest growing segment
- IBM took a slight lead over HP in the intensely competitive service provider outsourcing market in 2011, followed by Ericsson and Nokia Siemens Networks; Huawei continued its ascent, edging closer to the leaders
- Nearly 1/3 of the world’s wireline and wireless subscriber base is now being managed by traditional equipment vendors
- Major growth areas of carrier outsourcing continue to be network maintenance, planning, design, and operations
- EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) is the largest market for outsourced services, but China and India are propelling Asia Pacific
CARRIER OUTSOURCING REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ Service Provider Outsourcing to Vendors tracks the revenue vendors derive from the services they offer to their service provider clients, which include mobile and fixed network planning and design, building, maintenance, operations, application service delivery, service provisioning and activation, and billing. The report tracks worldwide and regional market size, market share, and forecasts through 2016. The report provides market share for Alcatel-Lucent, Ciena, Cisco, Ericsson, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, Huawei, IBM, Juniper Networks, Microsoft, Motorola, NEC, Nokia Siemens Networks, Nortel, Tellabs, UTStarcom, ZTE, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics' sales: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
- Download Infonetics’ 2012 Research Publication Calendar: http://bit.ly/zwjcRs
- 2G, 3G, 4G (LTE) Services and Subscribers: Voice, SMS/MMS, and Broadband
- Fundamental Telecom/Datacom Market Drivers
- Mobile VoIP Services and Subscribers Market Size and Forecasts
- IMS Service Strategies, Product Features, Vendor Leadership: Service Provider Survey
- LTE Deployment Strategies: Global Service Provider Survey
- 2G, 3G, 4G (LTE/WiMAX) Infrastructure and Subscribers Market Share and Forecasts
- Small Cell Equipment Market Size and Forecasts
- Small Cell Coverage Strategies: Global Service Provider Survey
- 2G, 3G, 4G (LTE) Infrastructure and Subscribers in Japan and China
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #