CAMPBELL, CALIFORNIA, December 17, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Convergent Charging Software and Services report, which tracks charging software built to handle multiple dimensions of convergence, including convergence across payment methods, service types and access networks, along with related consulting, integration and managed services.
“The convergent charging market continues to mature, with tier 1 operators now more aggressively deploying solutions to support new services and pricing models, particularly those embarking on LTE upgrades,” reports Shira Levine, directing analyst for service enablement and subscriber intelligence at Infonetics Research.
“As this occurs and suppliers look to solidify their charging capabilities,” Levine adds, “we expect to see additional consolidation in the vendor community, such as Redknee’s recent acquisition of Nokia Siemens Networks’ BSS business, as well as ongoing traction for integrated policy/charging solutions that enable operators to introduce consumption-based offerings.”
CONVERGENT CHARGING MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Infonetics forecasts the global convergent charging market to grow at a 24% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2011 to 2016
- The primary drivers for convergent charging revenue growth are an increasing number of subscriber licenses, especially in emerging markets, and intensified operator investment in developed markets, where license costs are less pressured
- Real-time convergent charging capabilities are critical to shared data plans, as they enable operators to ensure that subscriber credit balances are not exceeded and to place limits on individual plan members, as Verizon Wireless is doing with its Usage Controls service
- Once final figures are in for the full 2012 year, Infonetics expects Ericsson to take a much larger share of the convergent charging market, given the size of its own and Telcordia’s combined subscriber bases; Amdocs is anticipated to gain share as well
- Though the primary opportunity for convergent charging lies in mobile networks, there is some activity among wireline operators, mainly in multiservice convergence
Infonetics’ biannual convergent charging report provides worldwide and regional market size, market share, analysis, forecasts, and trends for convergent charging software and services, and includes a convergent charging product roadmap and strategic outlook. Vendors tracked include Alcatel-Lucent, Amdocs, Comverse, CSG Systems, Ericsson, Hewlett-Packard, Huawei, NetCracker, Nokia Siemens Networks, Openet, Oracle, Orga Systems, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
CLIENT CONFERENCE CALL
Clients: Join Shira Levine Monday, Dec. 17 at 9 AM Pacific for a live Convergent Charging market conference call. Log in for access information: http://bit.ly/JcA2TF.
UPCOMING INFONETICS WEBCASTS
- WEBINAR: Integrating Carrier WiFi with the Mobile Network (Feb. 2013)
- WEBINAR: Scaling Small Cell Backhaul (Feb. 2013)
- WEBINAR: Using APIs to Create Innovative Content Ecosystems (sponsorships available)
- WEBINAR: Leveraging Next-Gen Policy Management Solutions (sponsorships available)
Download Infonetics SERVICE ENABLEMENT AND SUBSCRIBER INTELLIGENCE report highlights, tables of contents, prospectuses, market research brochure, and events brochure at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #