Boston, MASSACHUSETTS, September 4, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released preliminary analysis and vendor market share standings from its 2nd quarter (2Q12) Ethernet Switches report.
“All the negative economic news in the world didn’t keep Ethernet switch buyers from propelling the market past $5 billion in sales this quarter,” reports Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise networks and video at Infonetics Research.
“Sales in North America, the largest Ethernet switch market, did especially well, providing an important boost to the overall market,” Machowinski adds. ”As usual, demand for 10G switches was strong, almost doubling from a year ago, and the 40G Ethernet market is taking off, as vendors round out their 40G solution portfolio.”
ETHERNET SWITCH MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Global Ethernet switch revenue topped $5 billion in 2Q12, up 9% from the previous quarter, and up 13% year-over-year
- Revenue for 1G ports, the largest segment of the Ethernet switch market, is up year-over-year in 2Q12, a positive sign for the overall switching market
- For the 2nd straight quarter, 40G Ethernet sales grew 50%
- Market share leaders Cisco, HP, and Juniper posted revenue gains in 2Q12, although Cisco and HP lost market share on a year-over-year basis
- Dell’s Ethernet switch revenue is up by double-digit percentages from the year-ago 2nd quarter, driven in part by its acquisition of Force10
ETHERNET SWITCH REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly Ethernet switches report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts, and analysis for Ethernet switches and PoE, including ports, fixed configuration switches, and chassis switches. Companies tracked include ADTRAN, Alaxala, Alcatel-Lucent, Avaya, Brocade, Cisco, D-Link, Dell, Enterasys, Extreme, Hitachi Cable, HP, Huawei, IBM, Juniper, Linksys, LG Ericsson, NETGEAR, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics:http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Download ENTERPRISE NETWORKING report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #