London, UK, August 29, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research today released excerpts from its 2nd quarter 2012 (2Q12) Microwave Equipment vendor market share and forecast. The report analyzes TDM, Ethernet, and dual Ethernet/TDM microwave equipment by spectrum, capacity, form factor, and architecture.
“The microwave equipment market rebounded nicely in the 2nd quarter thanks to strong performances from Ericsson and Huawei,” notes Richard Webb, directing analyst for microwave at Infonetics Research. “Huawei had a huge quarter, its biggest ever for microwave equipment. The operator now counts some of the world’s major tier 1 international operators as its microwave customers and often supplies their operations across many countries.”
Webb adds: “Despite choppy performance in recent quarters, we expect the microwave equipment market to grow to $6 billion by 2016, driven by a continuing demand for increased mobile backhaul capacity and the proliferation of small cells.”
MICROWAVE EQUIPMENT MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global microwave equipment market totaled $1.2 billion in 2Q12, up 16% from the previous quarter and down 6% from the year-ago 2nd quarter
- Ericsson regained the #1 position in the global microwave equipment market in 2Q12, edging past Huawei by a hair
- NEC, the microwave market share leader just a quarter ago, slipped to 3rd
- Regionally, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) had the strongest 2nd quarter, capturing around 1/2 of global microwave equipment revenue
Infonetics' quarterly Microwave Equipment report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts, and analysis for Ethernet, TDM, and hybrid microwave equipment by spectrum, capacity, form factor, and architecture. Companies tracked include Alcatel-Lucent, Aviat Networks, Ceragon, DragonWave, ECI Telecom, Ericsson, Exalt, Huawei, NEC, Nokia Siemens Networks, ZTE and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics:http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Download MOBILE BACKHAUL AND MICROWAVE or SMALL CELLS report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #