CAMPBELL, California, September 20, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2nd quarter 2012 (2Q12) SAN Equipment market size, market share, and forecast report, which tracks storage area network (SAN) switches and adapters.
“Skyrocketing shipments of 16G Fibre Channel switches and other traditional Fibre Channel SAN products pushed the storage networking equipment market to new heights in the 2nd quarter, passing $700 million,” notes Sam Barnett, directing analyst for data center and cloud at Infonetics Research. “And there’s no end in sight. Thanks to the popularity of social networking and video sharing, as well as advances in cloud computing and the data center, we expect a cumulative $41.7 billion to be spent on SAN switches, adapters, and high performance interconnect products, including FCoE-capable Ethernet switches, in the 5 years from 2012 to 2016.”
SAN EQUIPMENT MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Brocade owns the 16G Fibre Channel segment, with an astounding 99% of global revenue market share
- Revenue from 16G Fibre Channel switches is up 95% sequentially in 2Q12; ports are up 95%
- Overall, the global SAN equipment and high performance interconnect market, including Fibre Channel switches, adapters, and FCoE-capable Ethernet switches, grew 15% in 2Q12 over 1Q12
- Adapter revenue fell 2% in 2Q12, due to weakness in the Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) converged network adapter (CNA) segment, a bright spot just a quarter ago
- While sales of FCoE-capable switches are strong overall, adoption lags for FCoE for storage transport
Infonetics’ quarterly SAN Equipment report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts, trends and analysis for Fibre Channel host bus adapters (HBAs), iSCSI HBAs, FCoE CNAs, and chassis and fixed Fibre Channel and all FCoE-capable switches that are purpose-built for the data center (10G FCoE, FC 2G, FC 4G, FC 8G, FC 16G, iSCSI). Companies tracked include Brocade, Chelsio, Cisco, Dell, Emulex, IBM (BNT), Juniper, Mellanox, QLogic, others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Download DATA CENTER AND CLOUD report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #