Campbell, CALIFORNIA, August 21, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research today released vendor market share standings and preliminary analysis from its 2nd quarter 2012 (2Q12) Service Provider Routers and Switches report. (Full report with forecasts and detailed analysis will be published August 24.)
“A nearly 50% increase in revenue in China propped up the global service provider router and switch market in the 2nd quarter,” notes Michael Howard, Infonetics Research’s co-founder and principal analyst for carrier networks. “China was the differentiating factor between a positive worldwide quarter and one that otherwise would have been down.”
Howard adds: “While Cisco has long led the global IP edge and core router market by very comfortable margins (and whose share is steady from this time last year), Alcatel-Lucent, Juniper and Huawei have been fighting it out every quarter for the past year-and-a-half for the next 3 leadership positions. The race tightened considerably in the 1st half of 2012, with Huawei taking the #2 spot in the 2nd quarter.”
SERVICE PROVIDER ROUTER AND SWITCH MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global service provider router and switch market, including carrier Ethernet switches and IP edge and core routers, grew 4% in 2Q12 from the previous quarter, to $3.5 billion
- From the year-ago 2nd quarter, the overall carrier router and switch market is down 9%, as service providers generally remain cautious, particularly in North America and Europe
- Latin America is the only major world region posting an increase in carrier router and switch revenue on a year-over-year basis (up 57% in 2Q12 over 2Q11)
- ZTE posted especially strong gains in carrier Ethernet switches (CES) in 2Q12, particularly in China where CESs are being used in major mobile backhaul deployments
Infonetics’ quarterly Service Provider Routers and Switches report provides worldwide and regional market share, market size, forecasts, and analysis for IP edge routers, IP core routers, and CES. The report tracks the IP Edge market by application (multiservice edge, broadband remote access server, Ethernet access transport, and Ethernet service edge) and covers Alaxala, Alcatel-Lucent, Brocade, Ciena, Cisco, Ericsson, Extreme, Force10, Fujitsu, Hitachi Cable, Huawei, Juniper, NEC, Nokia Siemens, Orckit-Corrigent, Tellabs, ZTE, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics:http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Download CARRIER ROUTING, SWITCHING, AND ETHERNET report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
INFONETICS IS HIRING
Infonetics is looking to hire more market analysts, research managers, and a senior Industry Analyst: Mobile and Home Networking Devices. See http://bit.ly/jmXOYO for job descriptions.
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #