Campbell, CALIFORNIA, August 20, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research today released excerpts from its 2nd quarter 2012 (2Q12) Service Provider VoIP and IMS Equipment and Subscribers market share and forecast report. (Detailed analysis published August 29.)
“The year kicked off with a big bang thanks to record LTE-related shipments in the first quarter, but there was no way the carrier VoIP and IMS equipment market could repeat that growth consecutively. There was nowhere to go but down, which is exactly where it went in the second quarter,” notes Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP and IMS at Infonetics Research.
Myers adds: “Looking forward, carrier investments in IMS core equipment, session border controllers and voice application servers should finally outweigh the continued losses in legacy equipment (trunk media gateways and softswitches) enough for us to expect 2012 to be the first ‘up’ year for the overall carrier VoIP equipment market since 2007. The fundamental market drivers are intact and we continue to see growth in VoIP and IMS subscribers, and demand for SIP trunking, hosted business services, and over the longer term, VoLTE.”
SERVICE PROVIDER VOIP AND IMS MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global carrier VoIP and IMS market dropped 11% in 2Q12 from the previous quarter, to $658 million
- Huawei’s gains in the quarter allowed it to take back the lead in the global VoIP and IMS market in 2Q12 from GENBAND and Alcatel-Lucent
- Fluctuations in overall vendor leadership are expected to continue as incumbent and wireless operators place big equipment orders sporadically
- VoIP and IMS spending in EMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa) is up both sequentially and from the year-ago 2nd quarter as investments continue across the region
- Brazil, Mexico and other countries led the Latin American region to a 47% surge in VoIP and IMS equipment spending since the same quarter last year
- Offsetting the gains in EMEA and Latin America were losses in both North America and Asia
Infonetics’ quarterly Service Provider VoIP and IMS Equipment and Subscribers report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts, and analysis for trunk media gateways, session border controllers (SBCs), media servers, Class 4 and Class 5 softswitches, voice application servers, IMS core equipment (HSS, BGCF, MGCF, CSCF servers), IMS application servers, and VoIP and IMS subscribers. Companies tracked: Acme Packet, Alcatel-Lucent, AudioCodes, BroadSoft, Dialogic, Ericsson, GENBAND, Huawei, Italtel, Mavenir, MetaSwitch, NEC, Nokia Siemens Networks, RadiSys, Sonus, Technicolor, Xener, ZTE, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics:http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Download SERVICE PROVIDER VOIP AND IMS report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
INFONETICS IS HIRING
Infonetics is looking to hire more market analysts, research managers, and a senior Industry Analyst: Mobile and Home Networking Devices. See http://bit.ly/jmXOYO for job descriptions.
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #