Boston, Massachusetts, October 17, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its recent video report, Video-on-Demand (VOD) and Encoder Equipment and Video Subscribers, which tracks equipment sold to telco IPTV, cable video, and satellite video providers.
“Thanks to a 7% increase in encoder spending by North American cable and satellite operators, the global video infrastructure market saw a return to growth in the second quarter,” notes Jeff Heynen, directing analyst for broadband access and pay TV at Infonetics Research. “The market continues to be driven by cable and satellite operators upgrading their encoding infrastructure to support more high-definition channels and unicast video-on-demand content.”
VOD AND ENCODER MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global video infrastructure market, including IPTV, cable, and satellite video infrastructure, totaled $199.5 million in 2Q12, up 5% from the year-ago 2nd quarter
- Telco IPTV, cable, and satellite subscriber growth continues unabated in Latin America and Asia Pacific:
- There is sustained investment in Brazil to build up capabilities ahead of the 2014 FIFA World Cup and 2016 Summer Olympics
- A national effort is underway in China to increase the availability of digital services in rural provinces
- Huawei and ZTE dominate the VOD and streaming content server market, together accounting for more than half of worldwide revenue in 2Q12
- The top 3 cable video service operators by subscribers are Comcast, Time Warner Cable, and Jiangsu Cable TV
- Many cable operators devote at least 2/5 of their total annual capex to set-top box upgrades
VOD AND ENCODER REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly VOD and Encoder Equipment and Video Subscribers report provides worldwide and regional market share, size, forecasts, analysis, and trends for telco IPTV, cable video and satellite video infrastructure and subscribers. Companies tracked include Anevia, ARRIS, Cisco, Concurrent, Edgeware, Ericsson, Harmonic, Huawei, Motorola, OptiBase, Thomson Video Networks, UTStarcom, ZTE, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Download SECURITY report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
Global Service Provider Surveys
Market Share / Market Size / Forecast Reports
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #