Campbell, CALIFORNIA, December 12, 2012—Analyst firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 3rd quarter (3Q12) Content Security Gateway Appliances, Software, and SaaS market share and forecast report.
“In the content security segment, companies with broad security product portfolios can, if they are nimble, shift revenue by continuing to integrate web and mail security functions into firewall and IPS platforms while maintaining standalone solutions. Focused content security companies will be forced to broaden their product portfolios, get acquired, or develop strong partnerships to grow revenue,” notes Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research.
3Q12 CONTENT SECURITY MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Content security gateway appliance and software revenue fell 0.4% between 2Q12 and 3Q12, to $719 million, the 3rd consecutive quarter of declines
- Blue Coat was the only vendor in the content security gateway market to see a significant increase in revenue in 3Q12 (up 15% from the previous quarter), bouncing from #3 to #2 in overall market share
- Software now makes up 37% of all content security gateway revenue
CONTENT SECURITY REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly content security report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts, analysis, and trends for content security gateway software (messaging, web/malware), gateway appliances (messaging, web/malware, integrated), and SaaS (messaging, web/malware). Vendors tracked include Barracuda, Blue Coat, Cloudmark, Cisco, Citrix, McAfee, SonicWALL, Symantec, Trend Micro, Websense, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics SECURITY report highlights, tables of contents, prospectuses, market research brochure, and events brochure at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
UPCOMING INFONETICS WEBCASTS
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #