Boston, MASSACHUSETTS, December 13, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 3rd quarter (3Q12) Enterprise Routers market share and forecast reports.
“In the enterprise router market, unit shipments are growing at a decent pace, but substitution with lower end devices is making revenue growth hard to come by. Further, here, too, the market is being dragged down by weak demand from Europe and the public sector,” notes Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise networks and video at Infonetics Research.
3Q12 ENTERPRISE ROUTER MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Global enterprise router sales fell 1% sequentially in 3Q12, to $854 million
- Low-end/SOHO routers were once again the bright spot, growing by strong double-digit percentages in 3Q12 from 3Q11
- Sales of high-end routers are down 10% from the year-ago 3rd quarter
- Despite a small sequential bump, enterprise router revenue in Asia Pacific is down 8% year-over-year; Japan remains strong, but growth in China is slowing as exports to Europe shrink
- Router WAN ports are slowly moving away from low-speed legacy technologies like T1 to Ethernet, broadband, and the higher-speed legacy technologies like T3, OC3, and higher
ENTERPRISE ROUTER REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly enterprise router report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts, analysis, and trends for high-end, mid-range, branch office, and low-end/SOHO routers, including revenue and ports. Companies tracked include ADTRAN, Alcatel Lucent, Cisco, HP, Huawei, Juniper, NEC, OneAccess, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics ENTERPRISE NETWORKING report highlights, tables of contents, prospectuses, market research brochure, and events brochure at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
UPCOMING INFONETICS WEBCASTS
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #