BOSTON, Massachusetts, November 26, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released vendor market share standings and forecasts from its 3rd quarter 2012 (3Q12) Enterprise Unified Communications, VoIP, and TDM Equipment report. (Detailed market analysis will be published December 3.)
“This has been a tough year for the enterprise telephony market,” says Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research. “Quarterly year-over-year declines continue as businesses push out spending where existing telephony solutions still get the job done.”
Myers continues: “That said, unified communication applications have been a real sweet spot. The demand for tools that aid employee productivity and flexibility is fueling growth in this segment, and Microsoft’s Lync has been the primary beneficiary, enjoying over 40% sequential growth in the third quarter.”
ENTERPRISE TELEPHONY MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- In 3Q12 the global enterprise PBX market (TDM, hybrid, and pure IP PBXs) is up 2.8% from the previous quarter but down 5.6% from the year-ago 3rd quarter, due to continued softness in EMEA
- Revenue is declining at a faster rate than shipments: for the first time, the average revenue per PBX line slipped below $200
- Cisco is the PBX/KTS revenue market share leader for a 5th consecutive quarter
Infonetics’ quarterly enterprise UC, VoIP, and TDM report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, analysis, forecasts, and trends for the enterprise telephony market, including TDM PBX and KTS systems, hybrid and pure IP PBXs, IP PBX by system size, VoIP gateways, unified communications (communicator, unified messaging), and IP deskphones and softphones. Companies tracked include Aastra, AudioCodes, Alcatel-Lucent, Avaya, Cisco, HP (3Com), LG Ericsson, Microsoft, Mitel, NEC, Polycom, Samsung, ShoreTel, Siemens Enterprise, Toshiba, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ research brochure, publication calendar, report highlights, tables of contents, prospectuses and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #